LegacyGT.com

Mini-rant

I dont know what you have to do to lock yourself in your trunk, i guess if you are a legal midget and you have something in the corner of your trunk.

First time I saw it I laughed cause it doesnt have a person climbing out as a logo, it has a person RUNNING so I guess its an ANTI-Kidnap safety lever lol

I think it's both actually. Read it somewhere.

car for sale. PM me!

probably talking about the glow in the dark handle mounted in the trunk that will allow it to be opened in case of accidental enclosure in the trunk. Not to be confused with the pass thru.

i meant the tire!

it comes out of that pull-down slot in the back seat.

i've tried it but it's hard to reach the tire through the seat.

subaru could have made a better way to get the small tire out.

You think the car industry is bad you should try the IT (computer world).

*shaking my head*

AMEN, IT brotha.

Solely supporting 520+ college students with laptops is an object lesson in cutting to the chase through mountains of ignorance. some negative, some just simply inexperienced.

Welcome to my world. :D

AMEN, IT brotha.

Solely supporting 520+ college students with laptops is an opject lesson in cutting to the chase through mountains of ignorance. some negative, some just simply inexperienced.

"Whoops... you're right... It wasn't plugged into the power outlet."

:spin:

AMEN, IT brotha.

Solely supporting 520+ college students with laptops is an object lesson in cutting to the chase through mountains of ignorance. some negative, some just simply inexperienced.

Back in college I went through a lot of this, "I'm sorry I can't restore the 60-page master's thesis on your floppy" and then I snicker inside. :lol:

I keed I keeed

I actually did have a student complain that the battery went dead after three hours of heavy use, and not being plugged in to AC power. Dual-processor 17" humongous laptop that could probably heat a room like a space-heater...

She figured that she charged the battery all night, so it should last at least that long... Ummm.... NotSoMuch. Plug the cord in!

I find that Cars and computers share that quality of being something that more and more people use, while knowing less and less about how to properly use them, or how they work.

Computers are worse. Cars have been around longer, and more people know something about them. Computers tend to be "magic" boxes, that people don't understand, and most of the time, don't care to find out about.

They type stuff in, and get information out, but the black box processes are completely unknown to so many people. And they are a little more complex to understand than four wheels, steering wheel, pedals, and a gas tank.

Salespeople need to rtfm too.....while on a test drive the sales guy told me the up and down arrows on the steering wheel were for volume control. It was pretty funny when he tried to "turn down the radio"!!

Yes, you can't touch the ignorance we see in IT. I worked for a college help desk while earning my degree. Hilarity ensued day in and day out.

I sent many a student crying when I broke the news the paper on their floppy was toast. I really felt for the first few it happened to but by the end of my tenure there I just doubled over laughing after they left. "You didn't make a backup on your PC before you washed the pants the floppy was in?" *snicker*

Oh the things I've seen. Thank god there are people like that in the world. It's why I have a job.

Back OT:

It never fails which Subaru dealer I go to, every sales person I talk to ends up getting their Subaru 101 from me. The best one I had was during the GM test drive thingy when I drove the Saabaru (AKA 9-2x Aero). "This is a Subaru? No, that can't be right..." I just wanted to peel back a piece of trim or two to show him the FHI stamp.

Archived