LegacyGT.com

Strange problem!?

JK_Asian

So I was working on my audio yesterday. Everything was fine before that. Somehow I shorted some wire on the harness and now the Interior lights and the Head unit won't work. Also the keyless entry died too, and the security light stopped blinking. Does anyone knows what went wrong?

fuse?

I checked every fuse in the cabin and the engine compartment. none of them seems broken. Also I don't think that the interior lights, radio, and keyless alarm system works on the same fuse?

hmmm only thing i can think it would or even should be is a fuse.... its possible it would have popped more then one. if you look in the manual it will tell you what fuse goes to what. that could help you narrow things down... ummm other then that only thing i can say is have subaru run a diagnostics thing on it to see if something in the computer went bad, i wouldnt tell them what happened though just incase that way you can get the work done for nothing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
You could have lost a common ground connection. Or a bonding ground. Run a wire from your battery neg terminal and connect a test light or meter to the wire then check your components that are not working. If you are not getting 12vdc then you have a blown fuse or fuseable link. Check all fuses with your meter. Set it to DC and read across both sides. If you get 0vdc then the fuse is good. If you get 12vdc then it is blown. If you smoked any wires then you could have taken out the main control board. :spin:

Archived