LegacyGT.com

Dealer offering NAV for all Legacy & Outback models

Legacy05GT

...while buying my oil filter i saw a flyer on the wall @ the dealership: NAVIGATION SYSTEM ALL 2005 OUTBACK & LEGACY MODELS [b]ONLY $2399.00[/b] installed. They had a picture of the japanese nav system on it that we've all seen on this forum. The dealership was Shallar in New Britain, CT... i was pretty suprised that they offered it because THEY SUCK(And by that i mean that they wouldn't lower the price of my legacy below $2,000 over invoice. Hence, i bought from somewhere else) Are any other dealers offering this?

So I called up schaller subaru in ct. and they told me it was an Alpine unit which flushed exactly in the compartment above the ac vents. They spoke with a local stereo shop and got them to customize some mounting brackets. They said they had pictures on their website but I can't seem to find them.

[quote name='rao']Sure it is :rolleyes: How do they get from "factory navigation" to this, which I am sure is first class. :lol:[/QUOTE] I dont think legacygt ever said it was "factory (oem) nav". And, alpine is a great brand. The dealership is obviously violating copyrights in displaying that JDM nav photo on their own nav advertisements.

[quote name='Bob N']Nice that they offer it but I could see using $2400 on much more useful items. What's with the big deal of Nav systems? Just another electrical item to go wrong. I guess I'm old school...[/QUOTE] as much as this would benefit me, since i travel a lot for work, 2400 bones for a nav system is not cost effective at the moment. plus, i enjoy having that open spot for my garage door opener and IPass in there.

I have seen it there. They had a silver GT LTD sedan in the showroom when I bought my Outback XT LTD. Its very nice and looks JDM OEM if it is indeed an alpine. I haven't been there in a month so the car may have been sold. I have had a wonderful experience with Schaller, but I also had the benefit of IMBA membership.

[quote name='Colonel Angus']as much as this would benefit me, since i travel a lot for work, 2400 bones for a nav system is not cost effective at the moment. plus, i enjoy having that open spot for my garage door opener and IPass in there.[/QUOTE] That's where I keep my IPass too. :) I did a test, and I noticed I can leave it in there and go through normal (30MPH) tolls and it'll register, but at the last second. I haven't tried with the express (I'm the dork holding it up) because you have no indication as to whether or not it was read.

Agree. It's far too much. Better off buying the pocket sized Navman PiN for a fraction of the cost - yet same features. [quote name='Colonel Angus']as much as this would benefit me, since i travel a lot for work, 2400 bones for a nav system is not cost effective at the moment. plus, i enjoy having that open spot for my garage door opener and IPass in there.[/QUOTE]

Archived