LegacyGT.com

How quiet is the Legacy??

I was impressed by low noise level when I test drove the LGT (mine is a wagon, 5EAT). Loudest noise at high speed is tires on textured concrete...on smooth surfaces much less so. Tire impact on broken pavement is very well damped. Wind noise, little to none even at 80 mph plus. Engine has a nice intake growl when its working hard, yet, at cruise it's inaudible. Take your favorite CD for a test drive... I think you'll be impressed.

[quote name='Deer Killer']The only wind noise I've heard (again must turn of everything, climate control, radio, women) is when there is a cross-wind.. no noise going straight.[/QUOTE] Women have an on/off button? How come I've never learned of that before!!:D

Wind noise isn't that bad, it's the road noise that can get a little loud at times. I just got back from driving up to Northern California and the noise took a little getting use to. It wasn't bad enough where I had to turn the music up to 20, but I did have to turn it up a little bit. It was mentioned before that the noise if probably mostly from the tires. I'm sure the noise will decrease if higher quality tires are put on.

[quote name='c_hunter']I think it's very quiet for its class. It's certainly quieter than my wife's Acura TSX if that tells you anything. Lot less road noise, and the structure feels more muffled. Craig[/QUOTE] I can second that. My dad drives a TSX and pointed out the Legacy is quieter. Ken

Archived