LegacyGT.com

07 Aux Input Question

deeslk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely love this feature on the car, use it just about every day!

...funny story, when I was looking at either going with an 06 or 07 I was comparing the two, and this HUGE salesmanager comes running out into the lot before I left to remind me the 07's have an Aux Input....I bought the 07....lol not the reason though, DGM is what sold me

I have a 30gb zen...i use mediamonkey for all my synch stuff....so far its the only program that i have used that when i make song title changes on media monkey they actually work when going to my zen. In itunes i would change or add titles and when they got to my player they would be blank. It works really well. I just plug in and hit sync and its done. I have about 15 gigs on there right now.

Guest Gitster

No offense but Ive been building / fixing / upgrading blah blah computers for years (12?) as well. I built my first machine when I was 12. And by far the Ipod is the easiest machine to use. If your having problems, maybe you should get a Mac :) Ive basically switched over after using PCs for 12 years. Mac pwns. Nothing is easier. I still have one of both machines, but I love my Mac and Ipod pwns.

Didnt you hear the Vista doesnt even support the Zune, yet? BBBBBBwwwwwwwaaaaahahahahahahah.

P.s. Aux In Rules, my Ipod's Hd died recently after 2 years of HEAVY use, and often droppage. Its time for a new one anyways. Ive been using the MP3 cd's and I dont really even miss my Ipod. Sirius helps as well. I have an Aux switch so I can have an Ipod and my Sirius plugged into the Aux-In at the same time and I just hit a switch to change from one to the other, sure beats FM Transmitting.

I have a SIRIUS too and I am thinking about hooking it up that way...the Ipod is treating me well so far.

I like the idea of dumping them onto MP3 discs and loading the 6 disc up because I use my Ipod every day to work out. But I love the shuffle functionality of the Ipod and listening to my entire library. How well does the CD player shuffle?

Guest Gitster
I dont really use the shuffle. I just made sure I put entire albums in seperate folders on the MP3 cds. This way you can go form album to album. Even though our HU sucksss and it doesnt scroll the text so you gotta kinda figure out what your listening to. I would assume shuffle would be much slower than Ipod shuffle.

Ipods and Macs are like Automatic transmissions...

Ha! My wife has an iPod AND an automatic. I've got a Zen NX that I swapped the drive out for 100gb and 5MT:icon_bigg

I do like the interface on the iPod itself, but I can't stand iTunes. I can appreciate that there is an entire industry trying to create crap that integrates with the iPod in every way but Fairplay.

Also,

I STRONGLY recommend getting a ground loop isolator on the aux line if your player will be getting power from the car (likely since there is a cig plug right there next to the Aux port).

-Jim

(AKA 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0)

P.s. Aux In Rules, my Ipod's Hd died recently after 2 years of HEAVY use, and often droppage. Its time for a new one anyways. Ive been using the MP3 cd's and I dont really even miss my Ipod. Sirius helps as well. I have an Aux switch so I can have an Ipod and my Sirius plugged into the Aux-In at the same time and I just hit a switch to change from one to the other, sure beats FM Transmitting.

Where can i get the switch? Right now i have my Sirius and my ipod in my car, but i have to unplug the 3.5mm jack out of the back of my Sirius unit and into the headphone jack on my ipod to play through the AUX and vice versa when i want to listen to Sirius instead of my iPod on my Alpine head unit.

Can you just point me to what you are talking about.

Aux Switcher: http://electronicsusa.com/mk1and2.html

Automatic switch: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAC-AS-21-AS21-Audio-Switcher-switch-between-2-sets-RCA_W0QQitemZ200069101985QQcmdZViewItem

As for showing the music menu sideways, the device doesn't yet support that but I would suspect it will be an upcoming option in a firmware upgrade.

Guest Gitster

Sorry for calling some retarded here but we went from this ..... :

I couldn't for the life of me get songs onto my iPod, gave up and sold it.

To This ..... :

Ipods and Macs are like Automatic transmissions. Sure, you can get them in a variety of flavors and numbers of gears, but in the end they are still autos for people too lazy to shift themselves :lol:

Mmmmmmmm and tell me that again? Ipods are that easy? Ooooohh doesnt look like it.

When Itunes came out, I was using Winamp and Windows Media Player. It was light years ahead of both and in my opinion still is. I can do some amazing things with my Macbook, and any apple product syncs up with it without even giving me a chance to screw it up.

Apple software pwns, But thats just like opinion Man.

I have been selling and fixing computers for many years - I couldn't for the life of me get songs onto my iPod, gave up and sold it.

Why do I have to "synchronize" my "library" of music that is twice the size of my iPod's hard drive when I can simply drag the songs that I want onto any other MP3 player like I am copying files to a removable hard drive?

Just an FYI, that's an option you can turn off. In fact, the only songs I've even got in my library are ones I've downloaded from itunes. Everything goes right onto the iPod directly.

Also, if you can't figure out an iPod, I don't know if I'd want to buy a computer from you, PC or not. :lol:

Anyway, the AUX in is great, but the inclusion of the 6-disc mp3 changer shouldn't be overlooked.. I mean, you can get like 6+ hours of music on a disc.. Now, if only the stereo had some power to back all those features up with!

My old $17,000 Nissan Sentra from 2002 had a stereo that would beat the crap out of my twice-as-expensive Spec B. :)

Now, if only the stereo had some power to back all those features up with!

My old $17,000 Nissan Sentra from 2002 had a stereo that would beat the crap out of my twice-as-expensive Spec B. :)

You got that right! I upgraded big time within a month of getting an '07 (outback that is). It was totally weak.

Archived