LegacyGT.com

Odd issue...large feet

Mr. Ed

Ok, when you stop laughing, suggestions would be appreciated.....

I have size 15 feet. When driving my MT I am having issues with my toe portion of my shoes getting caught on the panel above the pedals.

This has caused many issues but the most concerning:

Foot stuck on gas pedal and unable to release

Foot stuck on clutch and unable to release.....

Has anyone ever experimented with removing the panel?

Has anyone found any type of solution to moving the seat back further to allow for more leg room

Yes, leave it in place unless you want your feet to get stuck on wires and stuff :(

Thanks, that's what the dealer here was worried about, so we left it in place.

Anyone try cutting it any, the dealer offered to try.....

seat?

maybe I should just shave off the tip of my toes....just down to the knuckle maybe

I have had it off, and there is alot more clearance to be gained by removing it. There aren't any wires to get tangled in, I think this was done to reduce cabin noise.

The one gotcha is that the OBDII conector is part of this panel. You could likely trim the panel to open some space above the pedals, but leave the left side alone, which is where the OBDII hookup is.

Damn.... Size 15!? Sounds like you should be driving some type of larger, more roomy vehicle....I'm only 6'1", and find the driver's quarter's a bit cockpit fighter like. Oh and my shoe siz is 13. Some shoes hit the lower panel, while other's do not.

I have had it off, and there is alot more clearance to be gained by removing it. There aren't any wires to get tangled in, I think this was done to reduce cabin noise.

I had it off yesterday and there was a few things that you could get hung up on. Valid some of them were wires I have run :lol:

Its also very easy to pull off so give it a try.

i took mine off.... just make sure the OBD cable is tucked nicely in the kick panel...

+1 on getting tangled in your own wire runs :lol:

I'll give it a tr this evening and I'll make sure all the wires are tucked away.

Knowing some of you have done it makes me feel a little better about trying it.

My legs fit in the car well. I can put the seat all the way back and down and such.... if i could gain two more inches back my feet would be perfect!

I'm 6'4" and have long toes. OMG I've heard all of them...look at those ski's

clown shoes etc......

the funniest though was:

Finger toes

I'll give it a tr this evening and I'll make sure all the wires are tucked away.

Knowing some of you have done it makes me feel a little better about trying it.

My legs fit in the car well. I can put the seat all the way back and down and such.... if i could gain two more inches back my feet would be perfect!

I'm 6'4" and have long toes. OMG I've heard all of them...look at those ski's

clown shoes etc......

the funniest though was:

Finger toes

:needpics:

I used to have that problem, (Size 14 feet) then I just cut back my toes to a size 12.

Actually, I just learned a new pedal position and have never had the issue since. I don't keep the seat back all the way on the tracks and I usually have it almost as high as it goes (even tho I am 6'3")

I have tried moving the seat up, but if I put it up too high my head pokes out of the sunroof. :icon_wink

Thanks for movin...my bad. Guess it could work in either local (I'm screwing up my transmission pretty bad) but better here.

Going to go remove the panel and play with the seat some more. What I really hate is that when I do find a good spot....I loose the setting.

Why couldn't they have started doing memory seats like 2 years earilier??!!

I have size 12's and only hit with my Nike 360's

yeah, some of my shoes are worse than others.

this is why it comes up today.....

I serioulsy almost burned up my clutch today. It smelled for 2 hours

^^ This has happened to me, too - but only when I'm wearing my Doc's.

I was wearing my Doc's once, and Nike's another time. One time I did it and didnt know I did until I was driving the next day and saw the hood moving up and down a little. Ooops

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

I had it off yesterday and there was a few things that you could get hung up on. Valid some of them were wires I have run :lol:

Its also very easy to pull off so give it a try.

Ahem... some of those wires... were run by me:icon_bigg And yes, after spending the better part of an hour under that dash, I can definately say that all OEM wiring is safely bundled up and out of the way. As the others have stated, the OBDII port will need to be unscrewed, but can easily be tucked aside.

As far as moving the seat back... I'd figure I would normally be the prime candidate as I'm 6'8". I fit well enough in my Legacy. Perhaps I have worse posture than the average above avergage height LGT driver.:lol:

ignore him, he'll go away.

I have this problem too. I just bought my 05 MT LGT a few weeks ago, and of all sized cars... I was driving a cavalier before. And believe it or not, i had more foot clearance in the cavi, haha... Must be because americans design cars for big ol fat people. :)

Ive got 13's, and because i drive with the middle of my feet, its brutal. In my winter/hiking sneakers, i cant fit my foot on the brake and my foot on the clutch without them hitting each other, lol.

Im considering getting pedal covers, and trying to offset the clutch a little farther to the left. I was also going to try deforming the panel so it has a little hump in it where my clutch foot keeps rapping it on the release...

VERY glad to hear im not the only idiot who cant drive the car with large feet... :lol:

Archived