LegacyGT.com

Air Filter and Decrease in Gas Mileage

I recently changed my air filter with another OEM one and afterwards my gas mileage seemed to noticeably decrease ~2-3 mpg). Any reason why this may be? Should I have disconnected the negative terminal from the battery to reset the ECU? I wouldn't think I would have to since I replaced it with the same filter. :icon_conf

Hmmm....maybe I will give it another tank and see what happens. If it is still eating gas, I will disconnect the negative terminal on my battery to reset it. How long do you leave it disconnected for?

• 8 months later...
:whore: ^ to the above. Also, when I got my Blitz drop in filter I noticed my MPG went down because I liked the "woosh" sound a bit much. :lol:

Seriously though, it's probably the throttle response and it being better than your older filter.

Agreed. With the new filter your throttle response has probably improved somewhat. Just ease off the "loud pedal" a bit.

• 1 year later...
Winter gas is also probably responsible for some of the decreased mpg. I notice about a 10% penalty from it in my experience.

A more important factor is actually the viscosity of the oil in the transmission when the outside temperature drops.

453747.png

Archived