LegacyGT.com

-= VIDEO =- Headers, DP, MR CBE

CasopoliS

I added MR header with my recent turbo swap and upgrade and I do have to admit that it did change the sound of my catback considerably. It is now a sharper, harder edged sound. There is still a nice mellow burble at idle and cruise but when you are on it, you don't quite have the bassy rumble anymore. If you think about it, the sound of any catback is dependent on what comes before it. So naturally if you change things before it, the sound will change as well. I like the fact that the current MR catback has a little different sound than other exhausts on a Subie. Keeps it fresh and different. I do have an option coming for fans of the smoother bassy rumble coming soon though :icon_wink

casopolis design hey i wasnt saying it 2 be mean i was just saying it because seemed like was goin in a circle with the answers you basically gave the best description of what i was saying b4 about the boxer rumble and how it makes it diff with el headers now i know ur not talking about el but even reg header is goin 2 change the sounds its a given on any car subby or not just 2 bad doesnt make are cars sound better in my opinion at least.

casopolis design hey i wasnt saying it 2 be mean i was just saying it because seemed like was goin in a circle with the answers you basically gave the best description of what i was saying b4 about the boxer rumble and how it makes it diff with el headers now i know ur not talking about el but even reg header is goin 2 change the sounds its a given on any car subby or not just 2 bad doesnt make are cars sound better in my opinion at least.

oh ok, I misread you. Its all good I'm joking around anyway, I always do. you are still right in what you say about the headers. Im like you, I wish I could get the performance of the headers with the stock sound.

I am hoping to do some performance mods this spring/summer and headers were a possibility. I thought the price of the MR coated headers were a sweet deal but I don't know if I like that sound, especially since I have a wagon so I'll probably hear a lot more of it. Do you think the BPM up and crossover would give a similar sound? Or is it not going to change it much since I am still using the stock headers? I was going to do up/dp anyway and figured their setup wasn't much more than an up. Thoughts?

Yeh I work for subaru at a tech for 5years now and every day I see them come in and i hear the exhauast and im like **** wish i didnt have my header would sound like that lol but then again every subby sounds the same so im not 2 mad 2 be different but im just 2 ******* picky i want good sound and power so im trying 2 figure out exactyl how much power the header gives if only 5-10hp i might of said **** it if i had 2 do it all over again.

My exhaust went from OEM header, Crucial UP, DP, HFCMP, Borla CBE to MR Header/UP, Crucial DP/MP, Borla CBE.

The MR headers changed the tone and volume.

At idle the car is quieter (probably due to the longer primaries). At WOT the pitch is higher, and I can hear the primaries 'sing' as the pulses 'bounce' off the thinner walled tubing. Wrapping the pipes may help this some.

The car definetely growled a bit more during deccelleration before the headers.

Accelleration is a bit quicker. If I ever get offf my a$$ and install my boost guage I'll know if my boost curve is the same.

I'm really happy with the headers though. Really makes me want a turbo that breathes up to 6kRPM.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Archived