LegacyGT.com

Got one.

Got a brand new LGT monday (the 12th) and already have 300 miles on it.

Leather/power/heated seats

AWD

~250hp

Electroluminescent gauges/gauge sweep on start up

Dislikes:

2nd gear whine (searched and found that it is normal noise from one of the diffs?)

Rough idle (I used to have a BMW325is, and it was hard to tell it was running just by listening/feeling ... even considering that fact, the idle is quite rough for a brand new car.)

Already have my first rattle coming from the rear deck when it is cold

Boost is spotty in second gear 3000-4500rpm (dont know above that because I havent had it above 4500) gona investigate the problem further today.

No COBB AP yet!

No pics yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Welcome and congrats on your purchase!

As far as your dislikes go:

Trans whine is a Subaru trait, IMO

The rough idle is a charecteristic of the boxer engine

And your "spotty boost" is prolly the infamous "stutter" that seems to plague a few of us but not all of us

Yes I have heard that as well. I'm saving money for mods so I cannot confirm just yet.

I was talking with one of the vendors here and he made the comment that some of that stutter is also attributed to the dual mass clutch (if equipped)....I didn't ask for details as he was busy and I had to leave....maybe look into that??

I swear, I must own the only non-rattling LGT ever produced. The only noise comes from the coins & crap I have piled in the cupholder area.

Nah. Mine's been spot on since I got it over a year ago. Not a peep.

Congrats!

On the tranny noise, I had that big time in my WRX, but haven't noticed it in the 6 speed. Could be more related to the 5MT than the 6MT...

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dislikes:

2nd gear whine (searched and found that it is normal noise from one of the diffs?)

Yup, normal, straight cut gear. I love the whine actually.

Congrats!

Dislikes:

No pics yet. Maybe tomorrow.

The gear whine was my biggest gripe. It was quickly resoved (for me) by removing the intake resonator and adding a drop in filter. I can barely hear the gear whine anymore...and the car sounds more "throaty".

Many thanks for all the warm welcomes.

----

Yeah welcome, my new Legacy (475 miles) also seems to hesitate\stutter, I was just gonna wait until I finish the break in period and take it in? Other than that I LOVE the car!

Well let me know what you find out. The hesitation seems to vary from day to day... just gona try and hold out of an AP that works on '07s .. hopefully a cobb stage 1 map will do the trick ;)

Archived