LegacyGT.com

My disappointment grows

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Use wax to get rid of the scratches.

Make sure the passenger side seatbelt buckle isn't what is causing your rattles.

For the longest time (about five days) I thought my roof was rattling, but when I leaned over to get a better idea of where it was, I saw that the buckle was sitting a little twisted between the seat and the wall, and that was what was causing the loud rattle.

Same here. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I had rattles like 3 weeks after I got my car and I was like DAMN rattles already starting. I thought it might be my passenger mirror or something, but when I leaned over I realized it was the passenger seatbelt. All is fine now.

Ice slid off the hood and left deep scratches... i have several perfectly straight lines down my hood. Ive been locking my passenger seat belt in since i got it

There was probably some sand/grit on the paint already and the ice carried it along when it slid off.

It is still ugly.

Im sorry man but Mazda3's suck. 4 of my buddies have them 2 sedans ans 2 wagon, and they were all owners of hondas and nissans before. Power steering problems, tranny problems (5spd) major engine problems (Ford Focus engine) I had a 95 legacy wagon that had a few weird sounds, but nothing major, and it was a base model with NO SOUND proofing.

And about the paint, if/when u get it re-done, make sure to use HIGH SOLID clear, and you will never have the problem of scratches again, i got hit on my last car, huge dent, cracked bumper, NO PAINT breakage, solid all the way not even a scratch, look at this pic, can u see where my car was hit :D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/BGWAGON/08102006229.jpg

either way its right before the taillight, but lemme tell you that clear is the BEST, i used specifically Deltron 2002 clear and DBC paint, all PPG products

Japanese cars made in the good old USA rattle. There just is no way around it. Unless you get into the "luxury" market then you're not going to get as much rattle (in the JPN segement). Aside from that, I have mostly blocked them out and don't even hear them any longer. Anyways, as far as the paint, yeah it sucks but you know you're driving your car in the real world not always pristine road conditions or weather.

enjoy the car and drive it with a smile. If you're really concerned, bring it up with the dealer.

Fixed. My old 91 acura integra with 120K+ miles in her, built in the land of the rising sun, did not have ONE rattle. Ever. She was bullet proof for the 5 years I owned her, and I bought it with 90K miles. To this day I wonder if I made a mistake by bying the LGT and selling her. She was trouble free and paid off....but I wanted a new fancy ride.

Mine rattles in the rear deck when the wather is below freezing. My 05 never had this issue.

Bedies that one rattle, I have not found anything else wrong with it.

X

If you figure out what it is please let us know. I have the same thing and it drives me nuts. I have even ridden in teh back seat to try to isolate where it is coming from but haven't had any luck. As soon as the interior warms up really good it stops.

If you figure out what it is please let us know. I have the same thing and it drives me nuts. I have even ridden in teh back seat to try to isolate where it is coming from but haven't had any luck. As soon as the interior warms up really good it stops.

I believe it is the back plastic covers on the sides. I think if you put some type of rubber or something in the gap between the windshield and the plastic it will go away.

I will try this at some point.

X

---

Fixed. My old 91 acura integra with 120K+ miles in her, built in the land of the rising sun, did not have ONE rattle. Ever. She was bullet proof for the 5 years I owned her, and I bought it with 90K miles. To this day I wonder if I made a mistake by bying the LGT and selling her. She was trouble free and paid off....but I wanted a new fancy ride.

And how much rust did it have?

My dash rattles and it can get pretty bad sometimes. I have an 05 LGT lt and it sounds like this car has had a lot of issues. Personally I have had to have the fuel injectors swapped, some work done to fix the fan relay, and I would love to have the dash fixed. If I push down on the corners of my dash (right near the driver and passenger doors) the rattle stops. I am at 37K so I don't know if the dealer would fix it now?

i'm up to 18000km's and i don't have any rattles to speak of or any problems that i wasnt expecting.

the only thing i can complain about is the smallish trunk and the lack of a rear folding seat. and i knew about them before my purchase.

RacerX100...

What led to the fuel injector replacement?

I have been noticing that once every great once-in-a-while the car has a hesitation at speed, I wonder if that is the culprit...

Cruising at normal highway speed, it feels like the engine falters for a split second, and then right back on, and no further problems... I kind of chalked it up to crappy winter gas... but I still wonder.

I felt the same thing at first, and then my check engine light came on. When they pulled the codes it was a Cylinder 4 misfire. The first thing the dealer did was swap the fuel injectors and this solved the problem. I haven't really noticed the "hesitation" since but it felt the same to me too....like there was a problem with the fuel lines or something.

i'm up to 18000km's and i don't have any rattles to speak of or any problems that i wasnt expecting.

the only thing i can complain about is the smallish trunk and the lack of a rear folding seat. and i knew about them before my purchase.

I can't imagine not having the rear folding seat...if it didn't have it i would have had to pass on the car.

Archived