LegacyGT.com

MTM Audi S3 - HOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cwimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=CW&Date=20070215&Category=FREE&ArtNo=70214012&Ref=AR&Profile=1528&MaxW=800

Audi's S3 is already potent, but with the help of tuner MTM, the car can gain an extra 45 to 65hp.

2007 MTM Audi S3 A forbidden fruit grows even tastier http://www.autoweek.com/graphics/aw_spacer.gif

In the realm of hot hatches, Audi’s S3 is already an outstanding player. German tuner Motoren-Technik-Mayer (MTM) thinks so too, but that didn’t stop the firm from massaging it in the pursuit of more power.

The majority of the car remains stock; the driveline and transmission are as Audi AG created them, and the 2.0-liter direct injection turbocharged four-cylinder retains its original physical properties.

But it’s what’s inside the MTM S3 brain that gives it its potency. MTM installed a new computer chip to boost output to 310 hp and 295-lb-ft (up from 265 hp and 258-lb-ft). And since MTM is a one-stop-shop for go-fast parts, from here, it’s a buyer’s market: A range of available intake and exhaust parts include resonators, front and rear silencers and a front intake pipe. When combined, the changes are good for 330-hp and 310-lb-ft.

http://cwimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=CW&Date=20070215&Category=FREE&ArtNo=70214012&Ref=V2&Profile=1528&MaxW=800

http://www.autoweek.com/graphics/zoom.gif An adjustable coil-over suspension allows the MTM-tuned S3 to be further configured for track performance. MTM equips its S3 with eight-piston brake calipers and either 12-, 13-, or 15-inch drilled rotors. Owners can also pick sport springs that lower the car by 1.8 inches, or an adjustable coil-over suspension that reduces ride height by 1.4 to 2.6 inches. Either way, they support custom 19-inch aluminum wheels available in one of three available finishes.

MTM notes that it is willing to grant “special wishes” when tuning a car. However, as Audi doesn’t plan on bringing the S3 to North America, our wish for an MTM-tuned S3 remains unrequited.

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Another review:

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/uploads/Industry_Tuner_News/mtm_s3.jpg The New MTM Audi S3 with up to 330 HP!

The racetrack beckons!

Feb 13, 2007

source: MTM

http://fourtitude.rely.net/news/uploads/infologo_003_001.gif _ Power between 310 & 330 HP and torque of 400 to 420 Nm

_ Vmax up to 264 km/h, acceleration 0-100 in 5,1s

_ stainless steel exhaust system with metallic catalytic converter, double-flow resonator

_ variety of brake systems for the best deceleration

_ sport springs or coilover suspension

Motoren Technik Mayer GmbH from Wettstetten, Germany, laid their hands on the new referee within the sport compact car arena. The Audi S3 creates great competition within its own corporation to Golf GTI and R32 as well the bavarian colleagues BMW with the mighty 130i. Through the mtm-provided components for motor, breaks, exhaust system and suspension, they have distanced themselves even more from their competitors raising the S3 to an uncompromising racer!

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/uploads/Industry_Tuner_News/001__scaled_600_029.jpg

Better performance and higher torque

The TFSI-motor borrowed from parent company VW, is really ideal for tuning revisions. Directly off the assembly line, the turbo engine of Audi S3 already has an impressive 265 HP. One would imagine this alone is enough. Yet, just experiencing the difference proves a visit to mtm is really worth while. In its first stage, mtm replaces the motor electronics. This procedure alone upgrades power to 310 HP/228 kW as well as torque to 400 Nm (Series: 350 Nm). Whoever selects a mtm resonator and the mtm rear silencer receives an additional 5 HP and 5 Nm. The hottest version receives even more components from mtm to boot. With the mtm front silencer and a front pipe with metallic catalysatic converter, performance increases to a powerful 330 HP and torque of 420 Nm. With this addition, in just 5,1 seconds 0 to 100 km/h is reached and a maximum speed up to 264 km/h obtainable.

Naturally, mtm ensures durability for all its parts. Customers benefit from the extensive experience mtm has gathered for example from the TT bimoto®.

As can be expected, all parts described above for the exhaust system are available seperately for the Audi S3 2.0 TFSI. Either the rear silencer with exhaust flap control alone or together with the complete catalytic converter system. Both tail pipes, each with a diameter of 80 mm, look far more impressive than the series-produced parts. From each excapes a sound that one generally only experiences on the race track.

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/uploads/Industry_Tuner_News/003__scaled_600_021.jpg

“Races are won on brakes”

Implimenting power upgrades alone, with complete disregard for adequate deceleration, would be operating completely irresponsibly. For this reason, mtm offers cars of all classes specifically designed brake systems.

In the case of the S3, mtm improves deceleration on the front axle in three upgrades. For the first upgrade, mtm provides the S3 with 8-piston-fixed calipers and 330x32 mm diameter sized semi-perforated brake discs. Even more impressive is the next higher upgrade of completely perforated brake discs with diameter dimension of 356x34mm. They must sustain pressure from 8-piston-brake calipers. Last mentioned, mtm also uses within the largest of the three brake systems. Here the semi-perforated brake discs measure 380x34 mm in diameter and when they are gripped by the calipers, the driver has the feeling of grabbing an anchor. The saying “races are won on brakes” is not to be taken lightly. The racetrack beckons! Every package contains both the steel flex brake lines as well as additional parts. The semi-perforated brake discs are, by the way, a custom-made product from mtm. A unique element for the these discs is the semi-perforations as they do not go through the disc completely. They show optics and characteristics of a completely perforated-through disc, but avoid the normally found crack formations followed by extended use.

Clearly, the standard equipped S3 is an outstanding vehicle. However, those who prefer no comprimises will choose from the mtm price-list a coilover suspension which provides lowering the S3 between 35 and 65mm. Its set-up can be regulated by adjustment of the compression and rebound of the damper. Alternatively, mtm offers shorter sport springs that lower the S3 by 45 mm. For better road holding ability, mtm furnishes spacers for track widening of 20 mm per axle.

In regards to wheels, mtm comes up with its own creation “bimoto”. These spectacular features come in finishes of “shiny silver”, “titanium” and “diamond cut”. mtm offers the “bimoto”-wheels for the S3 in the size 8,5x19” ET50. Additionally available is a wheel set with tyres in the dimensions 235/35ZR19.

The general rule at mtm is “special wishes will be granted”. Modifications can be made on an individual basis!

For further information to the complete technical program

HOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I had looked at Audi's before getting the LGT. The wife has an A4 and it has been reasonably reliable and it was pretty cheap (all things considered) when we got it. I think we paid a little over 27k for Quattro, xenon, cold weather etc and it included maintenance for 50k. But after hearing Audi watered down the maintenance; no longer covering brakes where we got new rotors and pads in all four corners at 50k and seeing what teh prices were now I couldn't justify it. I think when I built up and A4 it was like 36k for the basically the same thing my wife has. Unfortunately I don't have the salary to justify spending that much on a car that will have 100k miles in 4-5 years. So I thought I'd look at the A3, I noticed the interior seemed a bit cheaper but still nice and the hatch was basically useless (as most are now) but I was told I couldn't get the 4 cyl turbo with Quattro, only the 3.2 V6. One of my requirements was awd and the V6 puts it in A4 pricing territory and I think the resale would be better on an A4. It is a hot looking car but I don't think the extra sex factor justifies the price.

THE A3 2.0 without quattro was a stupid choice. Dilutes the brand.

Secondly. it really is just a golf inside. Too small, switchgear and materials feel LEAGUES behind an A4 interior

disagree, but to each his own...

yes, and the STI is just an Impreza... :rolleyes:

I had looked at Audi's before getting the LGT. The wife has an A4 and it has been reasonably reliable and it was pretty cheap (all things considered) when we got it. I think we paid a little over 27k for Quattro, xenon, cold weather etc and it included maintenance for 50k. But after hearing Audi watered down the maintenance; no longer covering brakes where we got new rotors and pads in all four corners at 50k and seeing what teh prices were now I couldn't justify it. I think when I built up and A4 it was like 36k for the basically the same thing my wife has. Unfortunately I don't have the salary to justify spending that much on a car that will have 100k miles in 4-5 years. So I thought I'd look at the A3, I noticed the interior seemed a bit cheaper but still nice and the hatch was basically useless (as most are now) but I was told I couldn't get the 4 cyl turbo with Quattro, only the 3.2 V6. One of my requirements was awd and the V6 puts it in A4 pricing territory and I think the resale would be better on an A4. It is a hot looking car but I don't think the extra sex factor justifies the price.

I agree with you, they should have at least left the option at least!!!

Well, I guess all Car Companies are really disappointing us, hey look at SoA? No more Legacy GT Wagons, no Legacy STi's here, really stupid if you ask me but....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

disagree, but to each his own...

yes, and the STI is just an Impreza... :rolleyes:

it is which is precisely why I didn't buy one. We owned a WRX wagon and the STi, though better in all respects, was still an Impreza inside.

it is which is precisely why I didn't buy one. We owned a WRX wagon and the STi, though better in all respects, was still an Impreza inside.

Exactly, just an Impreza inside, cheap and poor quality materials, however with less rattle then our LGT's

:(:(:(:(:(

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived