LegacyGT.com

Does the Subaru woofer suck?

Mlavery

I was thinking about putting the Subaru woofer/amp in my 05 GT wagon because I carry a lot of gear in my trunk and dont want to mount anything back there. Does anyome have the Subi Sub in their car? Is it a POS, or does it have decent sound? S the car pre-wired to accept the sub?

I was thinking about having one installed under the drivers seat and one under the passangers seat. it wouldnt be fair to have a heated massage chair and not have one for my passangers. i just havent gotten an answer from the dealer weather onr not they can do it any thoughts on it or weather it can be done

[quote name='ih8vtec13']I was thinking about having one installed under the drivers seat and one under the passangers seat. it wouldnt be fair to have a heated massage chair and not have one for my passangers. i just havent gotten an answer from the dealer weather onr not they can do it any thoughts on it or weather it can be done[/QUOTE] I don't think it can be done without some fancy wiring. The subwoofer mounts up via a connector/cord arrangement. If the GT is like the WRX's setup (also a Panasonic head unit, same subwoofer), there is one plug for a sub. Kevin

I think its pretty good. I have my 12" Kicker Solar Baric and Kicker Amp sittin in my room. Just waiting/deciding on when to get an aftermark stereo to hook it up. A friend of mine took a ride in my and he said its the best stock stereo he has ever heard. I think it does its job. I'm happy

It's decent, but is noti going to disrupt traffic. It will augment the stock system quite nicely, however. Some comments: contrary to what someone posted above, the car is not prewired for the sub. The sub comes with a harness that gets routed to the back of the radio stack (through the center console) where it connects inline with the main radio harness (it does not plug into the back of the radio as also alluded to above). The audio signals for the sub get picked off the speaker-level wires from the rear channel. You should be able to connect two of them, assuming a sub will fit under the passenger seat and current draw is not too severe for the radio harness where it connects in. Even then, some custom wiring would fix that last problem. Craig

[quote name='c_hunter']Some comments: contrary to what someone posted above, the car is not prewired for the sub. Craig[/QUOTE] That was me, and what I meant was that there is an existing plug on the rear of the head unit that is all ready for the sub's plug, which I take to mean "pre-wired," because you don't have to do anything except pull the head unit, plug it in, and off you go. But you're right, this could be misconstrued as "just buy the sub, put it under the seat and kick out the jams." Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
I have a new 2005 Subaru Legacy GT with the subwoofer. It has adjustments for level and gain that you can change. When I first bought the car it wasn't too impressive. I turned it up the other day and now I have the bass on 0 and it sounds really nice. If I turn the bass up, obviously it hits a lot harder. I am glad I purchased it with the subwoofer. The only thing I do not like about it is that the wiring comes with a blue sheath. I wish it had a black one.

Archived