LegacyGT.com

Sport Grille

jim1969

Not the racing grille Xenonk put in. The sport grille you can get at cc-b.com or at king of imports. Has mesh with subie emblem in middle. The sides are painted the color of your car. It is directly from subaru. I just wondered if they fit. I also wondered if there was a difference in the same grille between JDM and EDM models.

yeah it should slap straight in very easy.. i ordered one too, but waiting waiting for it suckssss.... i had the jdm sports grill on my wrx and it fit like a charm and its the same style as this,, i would recoomend putting some type of light adhesiveon the toip part of your bumper so the new sport grill doesnt scuff up your top bumper,, my wrx had major scuffs on it when i took my grill off.. yuck.... also the grill should be extremly simple to put on yourself, shouldnt take more than 5 min....... i cant wait to take this ugly ass grill off my gt

Would the JDM model be different from the EDM (European)? I had gotten the EDM grille but the bottom had different clips. It had two clips on each side not the one on each side our USDM models have. I had to return it because one of the clips was broken out of the box. I didn't try it in because I didn't want to do further damage prior to my returning it. Maybe the JDM model would be like our OEM USDM model's grille.

[quote name='jim1969']Would the JDM model be different from the EDM (European)? I had gotten the EDM grille but the bottom had different clips. It had two clips on each side not the one on each side our USDM models have. I had to return it because one of the clips was broken out of the box. I didn't try it in because I didn't want to do further damage prior to my returning it. Maybe the JDM model would be like our OEM USDM model's grille.[/QUOTE] It should fit right in.. I dont see why it would have different clips and such. Take some pics next time. Keefe
Keefe

i wouldnt worry bout the clips too much,, the legacy already has diff area where the clips slide into place for the jdm grill.. its like the wrx,, when i took my stock grill off u can see where the jdm slides into, its already built in.. the install will be a breeze

• 4 weeks later...
yeah, I remember you got the Pleasure racing grille. I meant the sport grille you can get in england and austrailia and japan. Has anyone installed one yet? You can get the EDM one from CC-B and the JDM one from kingofimports. Is there a difference between the two?

[quote name='jim1969']yeah, I remember you got the Pleasure racing grille. I meant the sport grille you can get in england and austrailia and japan. Has anyone installed one yet? You can get the EDM one from CC-B and the JDM one from kingofimports. Is there a difference between the two?[/QUOTE] I am sure both are ABS plastic.. so I dont think there's even a difference in the molding of the two. I read somewhere that on the EDM/JDM have additional hooks or tabs that are on the underside of the grille that you dont need to hook onto, so you can just break them off or sand them off.. otherwise, it's a direct bolt on. Keefe
Keefe

• 4 weeks later...
I got my sport grille yesterday and installed it tonight. First off for those who asked, it's not a perfect fit and there is no way to make it so. It obviously was designed for the JDM model with the shorter bumper. The lower edge doesn't reach the front of the bumper or sit 100% flush and the sides have a slightly different curve. You can see all this from 3 feet away, but not further away. No modifications are needed for the bumper or the new grille, though the old one is bit tricky to remove (the bottom likes to stay attached to the bumper) That being said, I still think it looks great. I will snap some pics during the day tomorrow and upload for you to see. The emblem is indeed removable - two phillips screws on the rear and nothing but mesh behind. The mesh is a bit too open for my tastes - too much of the silver radiator shows through at night - we'll see if my opinion changes in the light of day. The mesh a a flat piece of metal, very stiff, held in place by retaining clips. Looking at the design, the clips can be carefully taken off and different mesh put in place. I might do that in the spring once it warms up a bit.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Xenonk']Well, I dont have the OEM-ish looking "Sports Grille" on my car, but I do have the Pleasure Racing Service Grille which was manufactured basically for JDM cars, but it fits on the USDM car perfectly. Keefe[/QUOTE] And it looks better in person than it did in the pix! Wouldn't go well on an OB, but it looks great on your Leggy!

[quote name='offthacliff']HEy Xenonk can we get a PIC of your grill from head on.... Cant find a pic of it online.[/QUOTE] These are the closest ones I can find off my car... [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/xenonk2828/GT-Pitt/Pitt-5.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/xenonk2828/GT-Pitt/Pitt-9.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/xenonk2828/GT-Pitt/Pitt-3.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/xenonk2828/GT-Car/GT-FATT.jpg[/img] Keefe
Keefe

Archived