LegacyGT.com

swapping 07 interiors at the dealer?

reimond

hello... im looking to buy a SWP 07 legacy within the next week or so, seeing that ive sold my GC... i def. want a SWP, but i dont really favor the taupe interior and would like it swapped w/ the black?... does anyone know if the dealer has any power over this?... i dont mind waiting for my car to be put together, as long as it has black interior... any help would be great.

snowballs chance in hell that the dealer would swap a black interior for a taupe one. And if they did, it surely would be at dealer arm and leg pricing. I was unable to find a remaining SWP/black 05 when I was looking to buy so I settled for a BSM/black 06. Didn't want the SWP enough to live with the taupe interior.

Anyway, good luck with that.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Reimond, your inquiry echos what so many other forum members who have bought SWP LGT's have complained about, not too many guys here like the taupe interior, and from several pics that i've seen here, the taupe gets shit-kicked in a hurry and looks gross after a year or two.

Not much you can do unless you want to spend a few G's slamming in a new interior yourself, including doors, carpet, seats.. it's a big job.

-and like Yukonart said, you might have to look at a used '05 in white in order to get the black interior.

If you're gonna blow money on changing out the interior, might as well go ahead and try to get ahold of the pretty black leather/blue alcantara '07 Spec B seats...if I had a couple grand to blow on the interior, that's what I'd want to do...so that means it'll never happen...
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

I was a bit saddened by the fact that so few exterior colors came with the black interior. I could see limiting the taupe because I wouldn't think that many people would want it, but I would think that black would be an option on nealry all colors.

Be honest here. Did you really need to start a thread to get this answer? Did you think it would be yes? Honest question.

to be honest, did you really need to need to waste time and ask that?... i had a question and wanted other peoples opinions... if you dont have an opinion about this topic then move along and click somewhere else. honest opinion.

to be honest, did you really need to need to waste time and ask that?... i had a question and wanted other peoples opinions... if you dont have an opinion about this topic then move along and click somewhere else. honest opinion.

:lol: I do have an opinion. I would think that you would get that from my post.

I didn't think it was a waste of my time to ask, personally.

is it just the floor mats and seat fabric or the panel trim is different.

A new floor carpet piece will run $250 shipped, I have a new one to replace mine and just look for someone who ugprade their stock cloth fabric to aftermarket leather for cheap.

I don't think that swapping interiors is a waste of time or money. I know that on the dodge forum that I frequented for my old car people did it all the time. As time passes more cars end up in yards with good interiors, and why should they go to waste? Of course there were a LOT more interior trim options for the Intrepid family. After a while I am sure that I will be watching the yards for any spec B's that have a full interior at the local yards.

Guys did this ALL THE TIME with RSX's. The pearl white RSX only came/comes with taupe interior as well, and guys would foot the bill to get black leather interiors instead. It can be done.

I personally like my taupe interior, I think tan leather looks classy....

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

I personally like my taupe interior, I think tan leather looks classy....

I think the taupe leather looks good as well. However, if you look at it too long it gets dirty. Don't get me started on taupe floor mats and carpet, who's brainchild of an idea was that? It's nearly white for everday purposes... not a utility color and a poor choice on Subaru's part, IMO.

Again, I like the color, just don't think its a good idea for a daily driver.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I don't think the taupe looks bad, the seats anyways, and I would agree that it does bring some class. My issue is that it gets dirty easier, and that is what I was trying to avoid. If this was a weekend car I wouldn't have avoided the taupe seats, but since this is my daily driver I want something that is going to continue to look great for as long as possible. That is why it confuses me that black would not be an option across the board...or an even better thought...make both options for all colors, except make the carpets and floor mats black in all cars, LOL

Haha, well, the taupe doesn't get dirty easier, you just see it easier. :icon_wink

Either way your car is just as dirty, just with black, it makes you feel better about yourself and lets you think its okay not to clean it for another week, because who will notice right? (And by you, I mean anyone, no personal jabs)

I had a black interior in my previous car, I agree I liked it not looking/getting as dirty, but I do have to say that my Suby stays much cleaner than my previous car did because, with taupe, you cant get away with anything. I like it in a way, because it forces me to keep it clean.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

well it no longer matters... i have just purchased a black 07 gt and it will be here in a couple of days from socal... thanks for everyones opinions.. except for that one guy...haha

Well congrats.

FWIW, I was just giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were smarter than to think the dealer would do that w/o charging an arm and a leg.

Archived