LegacyGT.com

Picked it up tonight!

Well, I just got home from several hours of driving around after picking up my LGT. We swung by my place to drop off my wife's car after picking it up before going driving. My neighbor I've never met with an MR2 was helping a couple guys with WRXs (one with an STi) wax their cars and he said "nice car" as I drove by. I thanked him, but I couldn't help grinning like a dork. :D Initial thoughts: Having never seen black in real life, I must say it looks even better than I thought. If you've never seen it, it has like blue metalic flecks in the paint, looks GREAT! The stereo is quite adequate. I spent entirely way too much money on my last car in this department and probably won't do it again. It doesn't sound as great as I used to have, but it's way better most (IMHO). 4th gear is fun - I think it'll get me into trouble. I'm going to really have to use that funny stalk that says "Cruise" on it to get decent gas mileage and not get arrested. Lastly, I found it really hard to not get on it. No redlining, but a couple pulls to 5k at about 60% throttle. I'm sure that's outside of the recomended break-in, but what do you expect me to do with this car? I'm only human!

[quote name='ih8vtec13']congrats is see the black avitar and just thought i would wanr you its a pain to keep clean but totaly worth it. good luck with it and it gets better 1000 miles. 110 is too easy to reach[/QUOTE] You're telling me.... :) Average gas mileage after about 65 miles - 19.2MPG.

You know, I think they should break the engine in at the factory. Just hook it up to an AWD dyno and let it go for a couple days with a simulated driving program. I'd actually PAY to not have to go through this agony. :(

[quote name='!S4']You know, I think they should break the engine in at the factory. Just hook it up to an AWD dyno and let it go for a couple days with a simulated driving program. I'd actually PAY to not have to go through this agony. :([/QUOTE] I'll do it for $50 :lol:

Okay, be at my place at 8:00 to drive me to work, then pick me up around 5 to take me home. Sorry, but you'll have to drive your own car home. I'll page you when I need to go to the store. :)

Archived