LegacyGT.com

2008 Impreza

Rommel

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wing is pure photochop. it wraps around the left side of the body, forward of the rear glass, yet on the right side it is fully behind the rear glass, and no way the waistline under that rear window is wide enough to mount the base of that spoiler. maybe looks decently accomplished on first glance, but a second look shows it to be complete fake.

it is lifted directly from the current body style, and just pasted over the rear window of that illustration. A roof mounted wing would make more sense, even if it looked crazy like the Sierra RS Cosworth with a big whale-tail swept back off the roofline.

The same with the rear exhaust garnishes from the Mazdaspeed 6. it would not suprise me if this whole thing were a fabrication based on the pic of the white camoflaged test mule.

The side windows with frames look like afterthoughts with the rear quarter window being flush mounted. looks ametuer, but sadly the test mule did appear to have window frames. (If I had to guess, it was a new corolla 5-door rebadged as a subaru, and Toyota had already bought out and neutered Subaru and the STI moniker...)

If this were a three-door hatch that looked as slick as the C70 or A3 hatches... I'd be more impressed. As is, it looks like a me-too econobox with a blue paint job and a photochopped body kit.

I don't like the front end with a gaping grille above a strictly divided lower intake. a group of three holes like that is not gracious at all.

Actually the more that you compare the photos there are many problems with the bottom one with the WING THING. The framing for the windows runs all the way back on the top photo but stops on the lower.

The problem with perspective on the wing has already been mentioned, and the antenna is different. Hummm Photoshop away. This must be a total fake.

I'll reserve judgment until we see the final product.

Since it's based on a modified Legacy frame, I'm concerned that it may look too much like a Legacy.

Cheers!

How?

FTA : "2008 Subaru Impreza hatchback is 5.1 inches shorter, 2 inches wider and virtually the same height as the current sedan."

So there definitely will be a sedan version of the WRX also? People in the 2008 Legacy thread are saying so but I haven't seen any definitive links or press releases yet. :iam:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

So there definitely will be a sedan version of the WRX also? People in the 2008 Legacy thread are saying so but I haven't seen any definitive links or press releases yet. :iam:

2008 wrx sedan confirmed

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/15/subaru-confirms-impreza-wrx-and-sedan-are-safe/

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Looks like a 2007 so what will be new for 2008????

The 2008 wont be released till the NY auto show

they were just showing a pic of the 07 four door to reinforce the concept that the impreza 4 dr isnt going anywhere

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Looks like a 2007 so what will be new for 2008????

It helps if ya read the article...

Quote:

"...the WRX is safe and will be present after the relaunch of the redesigned Impreza. " That means 2008.

We haven't seen any pics of the 2008 sedan. You'll just have to be patient.

Archived