LegacyGT.com

Windshield Wiper blade replacement

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got the Valeo Ultimates from TireRack and love them. No more streaking and even though the snow/ice has been minimal this year I haven't had any freezing problems. And I think they are still on a BOGO deal at TR.

Thanks for the heads up on the BOGO free ... the order was just place and blades were in stock.

Thanks for the heads up on the BOGO free ... the order was just place and blades were in stock.

Says the BOGO deal is good until 5/31/07

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/valeo/ultimate.jsp

They are in stock for my '95 Legacy.

How long do these blades typically last versus something like Rain-X or Anco blades?

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

• 2 years later...

Just replaced the drivers 24inch blade insert, a few mentioned PIAA and BOSCH products... (trying to keep the Stock wiper with the "wing" )

is that for the whole wiper blade or just the insert

I tried 2 different canadian tire inserts and both were poo

ended up going back to the stealership for the 24inch Subaru blade insert

The Bosch Icons are a complete wiper blade not just an insert. I had them on my last Subaru and just put a pair on my wife's car recently, very nice wipers. They also have a $15 rebate on the Bosch website when you buy a pair.

Ding Ding Ding!! These are great complete replacement blades:)

The Valeo Ultimate version is pretty much identical if you can find those cheaper...:cool:

Go with the Valeos and then get a bottle of the Rain-X additive for the washer fluid.

You essentially recoat the windshield with the repellant everytime you hit the spray.

Rain-X (or equivalent "siliconation") should be required by traffic law these days; SO much better in all weather, esp at night!!

+3 on the Piaa blades. Do not get anything else. In fla it rains hard and I usually change my wiper blades every 3 months. Not so with the PIAA'S. Over a year and still wiping excellent. I have them on my WRX and Leggy.

Up here New England the Anco Winter blades are Kings right now.

Yeah , the Anco Winters are great too.....used to use them on my Maximas. Snow doesn't get stuck in the blade assembly as much as the non-winter ones. By the way guys...why are you still looking for inserts when the full fresh blade assemblies are so relatively inexpensive. The full assemblies haven't yet lost their tension and do a much better job of clearing the windshield ( when you just replace the insert---youre re-using the old , now weaker spring assembly ). Just a thought to ponder. :)

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Anco has rebates, up to $15/pr, until Oct 31. I picked up a pair of standard Series31 Ancos today, will be only $5 for the pair after rebate.:) They look to be of decent construction. Even if they only last 4 months, I won't complain at that price. They got a favorable review from CR, as did the Valeo 600 and the Michelin Rainforce.

Rebate form:

http://www.fmsmartchoice.com/ancopromotion.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone try any of the following refills available on Amazon.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/part-finder/slide-show/2008/Subaru/Legacy/ref=au_pf_cp_rn_2?ie=UTF8&Model=Legacy%7C64&Make=Subaru%7C13&Year=2008%7C2008&partsNode=15735071&carId=011]Amazon Part Finder: Slide Show Results[/ame]

I know the the driver side is 24". Just want to confirm it's narrow. Is the passenger side 18"?

Thanks

For those of you who don't know it, wiper blades and brake pads are covered under the warranty. I know it doesn't apply to the OP, but it's a nice little benefit and some owners might not know about it. My '08 Legacy is out of warranty on Friday and I just had the dealer give it a once-over, including new pads all around, wiper arm and two blades, oil change, new clock/computer and some other minor adjustments. The total, including $35 state inspection, was a measly $69. Boy, that's like the sales tax when I take my Porsche in for dealer service.

For those of you who don't know it, wiper blades and brake pads are covered under the warranty. I know it doesn't apply to the OP, but it's a nice little benefit and some owners might not know about it. My '08 Legacy is out of warranty on Friday and I just had the dealer give it a once-over, including new pads all around, wiper arm and two blades, oil change, new clock/computer and some other minor adjustments. The total, including $35 state inspection, was a measly $69. Boy, that's like the sales tax when I take my Porsche in for dealer service.

Thank you. I did not know all that was covered. Guess I'll take it in.

Archived