LegacyGT.com

What catted downpipes do you have on your MT car?

edkwon

• 1 month later...
Yup, that combo works just fine and the Cobb DP is extremely well built. Just use plain nuts and bolts instead of the springs bolts, and use a flat gasket and not the donut.

why shouldnt we use the donut?

btw I'm mating the DP to stock CBE.

need to know this info so i can decide whether or not to buy this gasket..

thanks

car for sale. PM me!

I have the Crucial Shorty and "Midpipe" w/HFC. No problems at all. I do get smells though before the car warms up, so I tend to not have the windows down or the HVAC on with air coming in from the outside during warmup. After warmup though, no smells. The reason for this I believe is because there is probably some escaping fumes through the gaskets...I don't think its a full fledged leak, but because the Short and Midpipe are two pieces, and because the cat is back in the midpipe, and not in the "neck" of the DP, the fumes get treated later. Like I said, once it is warmed up, no smells, which to me indicates the smell is related more to the only cat in the car being at the end of the DP and less because of the gaskets.

I know the crucial is 2.5" but I am not going for big power, and I feel that when the Perrin CBE goes on, it will give a nice sound. Don't get me wrong, I like it loud..hence the perrin, but not earthquake loud..hehe.

Archived