LegacyGT.com

trade volvo for LGT

Hi all, I've got a V70R but am a little fed up with all of its quirks and want something a little more straight forward that has a lot of aftermarket parts available. I also want highway power which the volvo actually has a ton of. Now this is where i need help. Subarus known for their low end power and i want to know if that is mostly the inherent character of the engine, or if this is more a function of the stock turbo running out of steam high in the rev range. Thanks

Welcome:):)

I maybe going with the opposite swap in about 18mo......

The main reason is due to SOA giving the Axe to the LGT wagon:(:(

To answer your question......

Stock turbo running out of steam......

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

The main reason is due to SOA giving the Axe to the LGT wagon

:icon_conf You already have an LGT wagon. That's like biting off your nose to spite your face. Why not drive the LGT wagon until it's time for a new car and then make a decision? I'd hate to see you leave the community.

Mine is an 04, 38k miles, chip, exhaust, filter, springs...not quite what you're after i take it. It rolls on the highway nicely w/ roughly 280-290 whp. An intercooler would do wonders for the car. I hope you have looked at them seriously though...some flawed designs, esp intercooler.

Thanks for the input though. I'd have to to a mild turbo upgrade if i got a LGT. Maybe a stock STI turbo and supporting goodies.

And i love that if a motor blows in a subaru there are so many options. Not the case with a volvo R. Cheers

PS, a Foos is a gearhead that lives in NH

:icon_conf You already have an LGT wagon. That's like biting off your nose to spite your face. Why not drive the LGT wagon until it's time for a new car and then make a decision? I'd hate to see you leave the community.

that's what I'm doing. gonna keep her for awhile. especially since she's got 56k and a 5spd..

still a fan of the volvo v70r

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I'll be a LGT owner for @ least another 18mo......

I'd really like to be around much longer but knowing SOA....:rolleyes:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Back on topic, My "slowness 5EAT" has really good power on the highway, just drop it back a gear ot two and hang on. At speeds that I am not allowed to discuss on this forum it still pulls like a train. I have owned 3 Volvos previously, a 1972 144, 1987 740 GLE, 1885 240 wagon. The 72 would scratch the tires in 3 gears (it was not stock).

Welcome to the darkside.

Archived