LegacyGT.com

what intake you running and opinion

Bigkahuna808

how much hp does the aem cai add to a standard stage 2? (up/dp/ap stg 2)

im thinking of getting one but not if it only adds a few ponies, i know it works great w/ a bigger turbo but i want to know if id be better off getting a drop in w/ my stock turbo at stage 2 levels?

some dyno's from TDC...from the numbers seem like a stage 2 car.

SPT didn't do that great....

aem_oem.GIF.jpg.323244eef23e2b594b88c5ccd35d0349.jpg

aem_spt.GIF.jpg.ea9592b77e7232f3730178808064f17a.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, everyone, I thought this might help.

Daniel,

Thanks for writing. No aftermarket tune is required when using a K&N intake system.

Kind Regards,

Nick Peres

Technical Info. Representative

Powersports Division

K&N Engineering

1455 Citrus St.

Riverside, CA 92507

800-858-3333

The statement above is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and is not to be publicized, republished, copied or repeated unless done so in its entirety. If you are not a named recipient, you are also on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. You must not disclose it to any other person, copy or distribute it or use it for any purpose.

Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 2:26 PM

To: techesc@knfilters.com

Subject: FW: Richening the fuel mixture

Karri Bauman

Customer Care Agent

K & N Engineering http://www.knfilters.com

1(800)858-3333

Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 12:42 PM

To: tech@knfilters.com

Subject: Richening the fuel mixture

Dear Sir or Madam,

Good afternoon. I put a K and N typhoon in to my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. I followed your instructions, including disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes, to reset the computer. It’s the only modification I have made, I get no CELs, and I can feel the difference in torque. I’ve posted on a Subaru forum and some other readers have suggested that I have the car tuned. Do you think there is a need to have the car examined? They make it sound like your product could harm my vehicle. Thanks.

Daniel

Hey, everyone, I thought this might help.

Daniel,

Thanks for writing. No aftermarket tune is required when using a K&N intake system.

Kind Regards,

Nick Peres

Technical Info. Representative

Powersports Division

K&N Engineering

1455 Citrus St.

Riverside, CA 92507

800-858-3333

The statement above is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and is not to be publicized, republished, copied or repeated unless done so in its entirety. If you are not a named recipient, you are also on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. You must not disclose it to any other person, copy or distribute it or use it for any purpose.

Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 2:26 PM

To: techesc@knfilters.com

Subject: FW: Richening the fuel mixture

Karri Bauman

Customer Care Agent

K & N Engineering www.knfilters.com

1(800)858-3333

Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 12:42 PM

To: tech@knfilters.com

Subject: Richening the fuel mixture

Dear Sir or Madam,

Good afternoon. I put a K and N typhoon in to my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. I followed your instructions, including disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes, to reset the computer. It’s the only modification I have made, I get no CELs, and I can feel the difference in torque. I’ve posted on a Subaru forum and some other readers have suggested that I have the car tuned. Do you think there is a need to have the car examined? They make it sound like your product could harm my vehicle. Thanks.

Daniel

You just did exactly what her statement in her signature says not to do.

Your car will not blow up if stock with an intake, you just aren't getting the full benifits. Now if your car was more aggressively tune(stg 1or2) for the stock box this is where there could be a problem.

And FWIW your email was answered by "Karri" in customer service. :lol:

Archived