LegacyGT.com

A few quickie dumb questions on DP/UP install

Nickz31se-r

I have decided to take off the entire manifold, so.....

1. Should I buy, will I need new studs and nuts? Most of the cars I have worked on are usuall early 90 late 80's, you can get the picture.

When installing the DP will I need to purchase new stud/bolts/nuts etc.

The UP I bought came with studs and nuts, however the DP only came with the bolts and gasket to connect to the cat back.

I am putting an order in for the gaskets I need today, so a couple of quick yes no answers will be nice.

In the meantime Im going to finally change my wheels back to stock the Toyo summer tires aren't doing so hot in the snow:lol:

I would get a couple of spare studs and nuts. If you have some on hand you probably won't need them, if you don't have them then you are virtually assured that you will need some. Cheap insurance.

word

ignore him, he'll go away.

Note

none of those bolts function as studs in a internal combustion engine...without machine work anyway.

Will my handy dandy drill, I can make almost any bolt work as a stud :lol:

I call it "hogmeat magic"

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Note

none of those bolts function as studs in a internal combustion engine...without machine work anyway.

Oh, you mean your Subaru is equipped with an internal combustion engine? I must have the flux capacitor option...

In my first post I said you don't need studs. Rest assured I can tell a stud from a bolt.

You don't need studs unless you break one off taking it apart or cross-thread one putting it back together.

I suggested spare nuts and bots in case you lose, break, or cross-thread one during the install. In my case, I discovered a missing nut on the DP to turbo flange upon removing the heat shield for the first time. Also, I either lost or did not get the nuts and bolts for the DP to midpipe flange with my DP.

I have lots of other tips for your install but since you would rather make wise ass remarks to someone who is trying to help, I'll let you fiqure them out on your own.

Oh, you mean your Subaru is equipped with an internal combustion engine? I must have the flux capacitor option...

In my first post I said you don't need studs. Rest assured I can tell a stud from a bolt.

You don't need studs unless you break one off taking it apart or cross-thread one putting it back together.

I suggested spare nuts and bots in case you lose, break, or cross-thread one during the install. In my case, I discovered a missing nut on the DP to turbo flange upon removing the heat shield for the first time. Also, I either lost or did not get the nuts and bolts for the DP to midpipe flange with my DP.

I have lots of other tips for your install but since you would rather make wise ass remarks to someone who is trying to help, I'll let you fiqure them out on your own.

Another case of how sarcasm does not come across at all as friendly on the internet with people you do not know.

I apologize, my comment was a little to wise assish. I feel that my 100 or so posts on this board do not represent my experience in the garage. You're right, a nice collection of hardware is good to have, believe me I have plenty from ripping apart counltess cars in the past.

Didn't mean to come accross as a dick, sorry.

Archived