LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light

I've been kinda bummed on my GT Wagon lately. It's an automatic that I bought about 3 months ago. Ever since the second week, I've had the check engine light on and the cruise light flashing at me here and there. Mostly when driving around the city in slow, and stop and go conditions. On the highway at running speeds I haven't had any problems. It's been in 3 seperate times now. First they said that it was the neutral safety switch. Then, again, they said it was the neutral safety switch. The last time they told me that a linkage in the tranny was out of adjustment. And now, once again, the lights are back on. The car has 38,000 miles on it, and I am about ready to trade it in for an 07. Any ideas?

I've been kinda bummed on my GT Wagon lately. It's an automatic that I bought about 3 months ago. Ever since the second week, I've had the check engine light on and the cruise light flashing at me here and there. Mostly when driving around the city in slow, and stop and go conditions. On the highway at running speeds I haven't had any problems. It's been in 3 seperate times now. First they said that it was the neutral safety switch. Then, again, they said it was the neutral safety switch. The last time they told me that a linkage in the tranny was out of adjustment. And now, once again, the lights are back on. The car has 38,000 miles on it, and I am about ready to trade it in for an 07. Any ideas?

I'd take it to autozone. But do some searching on here. I had a similiar issue....ended up being a #4 misfire. had to replace the injector and spark plug. took them nearly 12 tries to fix it, so if your dealer is as incompetant is they sound, go elswhere.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

If you connect the green diagnostic plugs, or something like that, the odometer will give you the codes, and the code definitions are various places on the internet.

There is a thread on the forum about getting the codes on the 2005 gauge panel, and how to find the code definition.

drivers side green plugs, NOT passenger. Never tried it myself. Only time I ever had CEL was my fault. Did the battery trick and cleared it. None since AP.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Paypal me $100 and PM me your home address, and I'll send you your own ODB2 fault checker and resetter.

Act now and I'll throw in an ECU reflashing tool.

Use today's coupon code (GPL FTW) and I'll even include data logging software.

Now how much would you pay?!?!

• 5 months later...

Archived