Take off full manifold or half and crossover

Nickz31se-r

Easies way to install UP  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Easies way to install UP

• Take off the entire exhaust manifold
    • Take off the passenger side and crossover

• 2 weeks later...
I have been doing them by removing the whole manifold, but for giggles on the last car I only removed the passenger side manifold. I actually found it quicker and easier, although YMMV.

For giggles. You sir must be a glutton for punishment, nice to see it worked out for you.

I still have yet to order gaskets or a drop in filter, but I have had my AP, UP and DP since Oct. I guess I have become incredibly lazy or the stock power is just enough not to enoy. The suspension and wheels were done within a month of me having the car, aka the suspension was crap.

If you have access to a lift or tall jack stands, then take the whole assembly off as a unit. Remove the upper EGT sensor before dropping the assembly. Then you should be able to rotate the UP out easily without loosing the motor mounts.

If you can't get that much ground clearance then do the passenger side only. The crossover pipe doesn't have to come off if you do it this way.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

wow, i did my UP and DP today. and i didn't go thru half the crap you guys are talking about! but i did have a lift and air tools at my disposal. just one bolt for the motor mount. after you've unbolted the UP on both ends jack the engine up about 2 inches and the UP rotates right out. my entire install took under 2 hours.

Archived