LegacyGT.com

smoke coming out of the hood!!!

gt_ltd

i've got a few questions and comments, but not sure where to post, so move this if necessary. :) so i finally got a license plate coz the 2-month-old temp. expires tonite (btw, my car has about 2200 miles and no oil change yet, i suppose it's gonna explode or something :p ), but the screws i bought from the county clerk were too big for the trunk holes... i suppose i can request some free ones from the dealer? if not, where can i find some that fit? i then headed to the gas station and on my way there the low gas warning light came on (i think the computer said 70 miles or so until empty). after the refill, i turned the key to ON and the ring surronding the fuel tank meter was flashing and went away after i started the engine. i have never seen that in my 99 forester, thought that was kinda cool. i then drove to the car wash (free for each gas purchase $5+ :D ), and i noticed some smoke coming out from the engine compartment afterward. i believe that's just the intercooler vaporizing the water, right? also, i always turn off the engine to save fuel even though the wash takes only 2 mins or so, what do you guys think? next i pulled over to let it dry and cleaned the carpet. i shifted to Parking, pulled the hand brake, and finally moved my seat backward so i could get out, but as i was doing that, i heard a very loud click near the shifter (or maybe it was the seat?), but i couldn't reproduce it... right now i am not too concerned about that since i don't plan to keep this car for more than 2 yrs (next car is either Legacy STi, M3 or something similar), and if anything goes wrong, there is always warranty. my last question is... can the intercooler get hot enough to burn leaves coz sometimes i get some stuck in it? if so, should i be worried?

This Space For Rent

Guest *Jedimaster*
Steam from the radio? :confused: Anyway, if you're worried about burning leaves, or just keeping them out of the intercooler, why not make a grill screen?

[quote name='rao']The smoke wan't smoke it was team and which was not from the intercooler (which will not burn leaves) but from the radio.[/QUOTE] I sincerely hope you meant radiator... I had a smoking radio once, but that's because I did a half-ass job soldering the power cord back on after my cat ate through it.

[quote name='jedimaster']Anyway, if you're worried about burning leaves, or just keeping them out of the intercooler, why not make a grill screen?[/QUOTE] i am waiting for you or someone to make one and post pics and instructions... :D come on jedi, the whole forum is waiting... seriously, i am actually kinda lazy and too busy with graduate school right now, plus i am working on some project of my own... i actually was up working until 7AM or so this morning. :(

This Space For Rent

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='gt_ltd']i am waiting for you or someone to make one and post pics and instructions... :D come on jedi, the whole forum is waiting... seriously, i am actually kinda lazy and too busy with graduate school right now, plus i am working on some project of my own... i actually was up working until 7AM or so this morning. :([/QUOTE] I'm going to be doing some mroe graduate work myself soon- good luck :) I do have a tutorial on the grille screen in a thread somewhere- I think it's under maintenance.

Archived