LegacyGT.com

PIAA xwhite or phillips blue vision

boostedsubbygt

• 1 month later...
PIAA JDM Xtreme Force (4700K)

Same ones here:):)

Quite a bit brighter that the Silverstars they replaced!!

Well, I am frustrated with the headlight issue. I bought a 6000W Banzai Express HID kit last summer and have had two bulbs blow since then. The guy from Banzai (Justin) insists that I am doing something wrong. Its not rocket science hooking up HIDs. I wear rubber gloves during the install and I make sure everything is secured with black ties. Anyhow, I uninstalled the kit and shipped it back to Banzai for inspection. I am not sure whats gonna happen with it. I would like to find some decent bulbs to throw in there until I figure out whats going on with that kit. I do not want to pay 90 dollars for bulbs unless I know they are of good quality and won't burn out. How are the 4700K JDM PIAA's compared to 5000K ?

5000K is getting more blue...4700K is an intense white light with a hint of blue. The further into the white, then blue, then purple you go the more refection your going to get off of rain and fog. I just went for the 4700K over 4000K bulbs to get a hint of blue.

Spectrum.jpg.b89665de2404ddc51e4d27ff95c181e0.jpg

5000K is getting more blue...4700K is an intense white light with a hint of blue. The further into the white' date=' then blue, then purple you go the more refection your going to get off of rain and fog. I just went for the 4700K over 4000K bulbs to get a hint of blue.[/quote']

Yeh, I had 6000K, a little blue for me, but I was wondering if the hotter the bulb, the easier they blow?

Yeh, I had 6000K, a little blue for me, but I was wondering if the hotter the bulb, the easier they blow?

hmm possible, but my 4700K PIAA's are going on 10 months now. At that point with 4000K Silverstars (in my acura) I had already replaced two.

Looks to be cheaper here, but the seller seems suspect from the feedback:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/PIAA-Xtreme-Force-4700K-Headlight/dp/B000F6SBNC]Amazon.com: PIAA Xtreme Force 4700K H7 Bulbs Headlight: Automotive[/ame]

• 4 weeks later...
What 9005 (bright lights) did you guys go with?

never use them. still have stockers. but may do PIAA extreme force with them too cause you can see the blue bulb unlike the lows....looks kinda cool IMO. Here's some pics from another car with extreme force highs.

DSCN0110.JPG.5a1650f26c5ad2a4b2088dc4b0dafa08.JPG

DSCN0111.JPG.ef9d7e9c15d3dc61f67bb387353a47b1.JPG

DSCN0112.JPG.ff3d11c5749f76b8983a9e63cc89fbb4.JPG

White > Blue.

quality of light yes, agreed. (never use my highs though) visually I like it. for me I have HID blue fog light overlays and have the mirror turn signal ones to put on. the combo of "blue" fogs, mirror, emblem, and bulbs will look kinda cool IMO, especially with a silver car.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived