LegacyGT.com

Recommended ceramic brake pads?

the_dread

from what I hear, ceramic are pretty loud. tried Hawk HPS? I've got some sitting in my basement. hope to get them on in the next week or so.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I've used PBR Ultimates (ceramic) pads on my Passat for the last 2 years. Very quiet and better braking than the stock pads. How do Hawk HPS stand up to heat? Are they the standard upgrade used by our members for their LGTs?

Try Akebono ceramics, got a set from Tire Rack to replace the stock pads and I like... I've put over 2000 miles on them. Mutch better than stock as far as pedal feel and bite. Great replacement pad with an improvement I could feel.

That's the same price as brakeswap sells them for here and he sells the rears too:

http://www.liteswap.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=L&Product_Code=hawklgt

I would encourage you to buy from a vendor that provides good customer support.

I've spoken to Eric at brakeswap several times and he has always answered my questions quickly. For me, he's also cheaper since he offers free shipping. You'll have to ask him about shipping to your location.

The Hawk Ceramics should be a quieter pad than the HPS.

thought that was the other way around?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I got the Hawk ceramic from brakeswap with free shipping. I already turned my rotor only at 20k miles and I found it still vibrating while braking in highway speed. when dealer have my heating element for the seat, I will ask them to change the rotor not turn again... Then, I will install the Hawk Ceramic.
From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

Archived