LegacyGT.com

Help Please for 06 Stg 2 LGT and Maryland inspection

Deepwoods

I was hoping to get some input on the following...

Got the car late last year in Massachusetts, and then went stage 2 choosing Cobb's catted downpipe and Cobb's cobb inconel 625 uppipe w/egt. I mentioned the emissions issue with the shop I bought the parts from and was told there shouldn't be problem.

I am in Maryland now and I just took the car to Fitzgerald Subaru in Rockville. They could not give me a passing inspection sticker (needed for MD plates) and they noted I wouldn't pass emissions.

I didn't ask the service tech if they did only a visual check (vs actually testing the emissions), found non-stock parts and wouldn't pass me, or if they didn't warm the engine up enough...

Anyone have any ideas. I thought that a warmed up stg 2 will pass emissions. Any shops in the area that have a better grasp of upgraded cars.

Thanks all.

Kevin

- If you go to a dealership they often will try to be extremely thorough so you can pay to have it repaired.

- If you go to a dealership, they know exactly where everything is and what should be where.

Take it to a gas station. They tend to over look certain things because they don't know really where everything is on all car models. They also tend to be busy enough with work so that they don't try to find reasons why your car can't pass.

After reading your post... are you trying to pass MD emissions or MD state inspection?

Dealerships don't perform MD emissions, there are VEIP stations throught MD that perform those. As long as you don't have a CEL showing... you should be fine. MD does not do sniffer tests for cars running ODB II. They put the car on rollers and hook up their computer to your computer.

Sounds like the MD safety inspection to me - they give you a form that says what specifically failed. They do inspect emissions equipment during the safety inspection. I would take it to a gas station as well as mentioned above.

* Steering system

• Wheel alignment

• Suspension

• Brake system

• Wheels / tires

• Fuel system

• Exhaust system

• Bumpers

• Fenders

• Lights

• Electrical system

• Mirrors

• Glazing (windows)

• Wipers

• Hood / catches

• Door handle latches

• Floor / trunk pans

• Speedometer / odometer

• Driver seat

• Safety belts

• Motor mounts

• Gear shift indicator

• Universal and CV (constant velocity) joints

• Emissions equipment

Ill ask my inspector if he would fail you for aftermarket parts or not. I'm at the Jag dealer down the street for Fitz on Old Georgetown and 355. $75 is what is charged by the shop.

-David

Does he do bikes? or know anyone that is "nice" to aftermarket turn signals?

Yes, it was the safetly inspection, and I realize that taking a Subaru to a Subaru dealer will likely result in an attention to detail that might not be in my interest.

Thanks for the suggestions. Let's see, what's the busiest gas station in Bethesda...:)

David, thank for the offer. Let me know what you find out (here or PM). I'm south just a little ways on 355 and always need an excuse to wander through Tweeter.

FWIW, no rollers for OBD2 in MD. I don't think they even did a visual for cats the last time.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived