LegacyGT.com

I have a wagon and have few CBE choices

itsme

I don't see why I should spend $1000+ for a CBE. So I want to get a custom setup. Which aftermarket mufflers will give me a nice rumble and not be too loud. I had the Flowmaster axleback on my '04 WRX and it was not very loud. Are flowmasters bad for our cars. I will run dual muffs. Thanks
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I've got all the parts you'd need for a custom catback. 2 stainless steel Magnaflow 2.25" mufflers, a sweet SS 3" Borla XR1 muffler to be used as a resonator and a couple nice SS Magnaflow oval tips. I bought all that stuff before I hooked up with Megan Racing. Let me know if you are interested. Everything is NIB.

I can also hook you up a nice deal on getting it all piped up with TIG welded mandrel bent tubing at a local shop.

I think some people on this board have custom CBE. Did you PM bmorrisj? IIRC, he had some kind of magnaflow muffler and he was going to change it out to one that would be a little less raspy.

If I was you, I would definitely keep a resonator in the straight pipe and a cat in the downpipe (for sound). Just my opinion.

Let us know how it turns out.

I getting TDC catted DP and will be selling my Crucial shorty. I find out what size will fit. Also has anyone tried putting a single muffler with one in and two out where the mid pipe/resonator is located. Then run Twin pipes from there to the back of the car? Paul I will PM you.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Also how well will the stuff you have will flow?

Like Niagara Falls!:lol: The Borla muffler that will be used as a resonator is a 3" straight through race muffler that is oval bodied with same side offset/offset inlet/outlets, just like the stock resonator. The Magnaflows are great flowing mufflers and also straight through. Together they will flow more than you will possibly need.

Archived