LegacyGT.com

I HAD AN ACCIDENT!! goshh

I say Floor it and pull the hand brake and jerk the wheel left of right, if your in trouble, might as well make it worse. ;)

however:

I would guess you have at least a bent control arm, bent rim. So at minimum you would need a new control arm and rim and the parts and labour that go along with that. You would also need an alignment for sure. Hope that helps.

is good advice, and you would need to start look into the price of this, but could be anywhere from 500-900? CDN of course thats just a quote out of what I think and could be a complete farse, but not to far off? I don't know I am not a doctor.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the record, in general for AWD cars, gently apply throttle when you get into trouble and let the car save you. It works a lot better than you might think. Note that there is a point at which even AWD cannot pull you out of the mess you've gotten into.

Part of the reason is by being on the throttle, the diffs are transfering power to where it has grip, if there is any. If you get off the gas, there's no power to transfer.

ok so i took it to the subaru dealership today and they said the rim is bent (i already knew that tho) then also the shock and shock mount is messed up pretty bad too, and of course it is out of alignment....bout $550, i need to find someone to buy one good rim from though or thats another $300....apparently subaru dealerships dont carry their parts in stock so they have to order everything and should be done by friday....:(

Check around for a rim straightening shop in your area, it will be alot cheaper than buying a new one unless you really really destroyed the rim. The guys at the shop will take the rim off and examine it and can tell you if they can fix it. Try that first before ordering a new one

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Part of the reason is by being on the throttle, the diffs are transfering power to where it has grip, if there is any. If you get off the gas, there's no power to transfer.

This isn't true. At least not for the Manuals. In the manual transmission, the center diff is a viscous coupling unit. Doesn't matter whether power or torque is applied, it just tries to keep wheels spinning at similar speeds, so even under braking, the diff is working. In the GT with a Viscous rear diff as well, you have the rear wheels working with the center diff to keep everything moving the same. The front diff is open, so one wheel doesn't really care what the rest are doing.

It's been a long time since I've dealt with Subaru's automatic transmission, but I think the hydraulic clutch pack will work under braking as well.

If we had Torsen diffs (like the '07 Spec.B rear diff), then you would see a difference in performance under load.

ok so i took it to the subaru dealership today and they said the rim is bent (i already knew that tho) then also the shock and shock mount is messed up pretty bad too, and of course it is out of alignment....bout $550, i need to find someone to buy one good rim from though or thats another $300....apparently subaru dealerships dont carry their parts in stock so they have to order everything and should be done by friday....:(

I have an extra rim if you are interested!

hydro plane at 25?

You can easily aquaplane any tire when the water depth is greater than the tread depth. When the water depth is greater than the tread depth at speeds of even 15 mph you are in a quatramaran, and the tires are just rudders!!!! Once the water depth exceeds the tread depth the only two variables left are speed and weight on tire. Something to remember when you drive in a spirited manner in the rain.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived