LegacyGT.com

some good prices on ebay

If all works out i think i got a great deal. I just got a new factory sts for $185 shipped and a new momo knob for $50 from some guy on ebay. i think it was a really good deal. the guy now has 2 new factory subs for $169 shipped, i wish i saw that before i purchased a used one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160076342269&rd=1,1

too lazy to look up...what is dealer price for new sub?

also what is typical install price?

Haven't decided if I want to install it myself or not....

already did stage 2 all alone.... but might want to have the sub done for me.... don't know yet..

You could install the sub in 30 minutes...it's cake.

Rehab is for quitters.

+1... cake or even pie. EZ:)

Are you guys serious?

Making me feel so much better.. .might just do it next weekend.. :)

Do you guys have the sub?

I installed a 1200 Watt system in my car 4 years ago so I've done the 8 hour install of deck, amps, subs, box, speakers, wiring under all the carpet, so no doubt I can do it ......but my biggest fear was jacking up the center console which I'm sure I have to take apart to get to the back of the deck.

first question would be.... I'm not going to compare this to my 1200 watt system or even the nice bose system in my maxima SE, but compared to the stock stystem I will notice a definite increase in bass... right?

I guess my next question or ....search... would be to see if there is a good walkthrough on it...

oh...anyone out there install the oem subaru sub on the spec b?

just wondering if there is a quick fix to get the bracket to work on the passenger side since there is a dvd player under my seat.

too lazy to look up...what is dealer price for new sub?

also what is typical install price?

Haven't decided if I want to install it myself or not....

already did stage 2 all alone.... but might want to have the sub done for me.... don't know yet..

You want to do the install yourself. It's pretty simple. I'm not sure which seat the navi system is located underneath, I'm assuming it's the drivers. The OEM sub has a bracket for installation under the driver seat.

- Pull up on leather boot to seperate it from center console.

- Unbolt center console, the bolts are located in the elbow rest storage compartment and two philips screws under shifter bezel.

- Unscrew shifter knob.

- In the lower area of the boot (2nd and 4th gear) grab a hold of the bottom of the bezel. Put fingers on the boot and grab the lower part of the bezel and lift up and slightly toward the back.

- Unhook the cig lighter adapter.

- Unscrew the trim.

- Pull back center console.

- Unscrew the Radio. Be careful with the face of the radio. It's easy for you to slip your grasp on it and have it get scratched on the shifter!!

- Unplug the connectors on the back of the radio.

- Plug in the harness for the sub, and fish the harness through the center console area and exit out the side to the passenger seat. I'm sure you can fish it under the carpet to a hole under the passenger seat so the wire will be completely out of sight.

** You may need to unbolt the chair for you to be able to find the wiring harness, unbolting the chair isn't entirely needed though.

- Slap on some velcro under the sub and remove the mounting bracket (mounting bracket only works if you are bolting it under the drivers side, since the DVD hardware is under there this is not needed). The velcro will be enough to prevent the sub from moving around.

- Hook up the radio and test sound to make sure everything is working good.

- There are two adjustment knobs on the sub, and you should adjust them as you see fit.

- Once everything is good, plug/bolt everything back up.

Shouldn't take you more than 40 minutes. 30 minutes if you are familiar with pulling out the radio.

:icon_mrgr

wow...peterjmc....thank you..

sounds so easy now...why would i waste my time with an appointment....

I love DIY anyways....

ok...going to tackle the sub myself....

so I don't even need to use any of my stereo install tools....just plugs in...

wow...couldnt' be easier....

now off to find a nice fat peice of velcro... :)

wow...peterjmc....thank you..

sounds so easy now...why would i waste my time with an appointment....

I love DIY anyways....

ok...going to tackle the sub myself....

so I don't even need to use any of my stereo install tools....just plugs in...

wow...couldnt' be easier....

now off to find a nice fat peice of velcro... :)

Yup, just takes some of your time... not more than 5 different tools.

- Philips head (radio and trim removal)

- I think a 10 or 12mm socket, rachet + extension. (console removal)

- I think it's 15, 17, or 19mm socket for the seat bolts + torque wrench to torque back to spec. Unless you enjoy a floating chair during an accident.

Yup, just takes some of your time... not more than 5 different tools.

- Philips head (radio and trim removal)

- I think a 10 or 12mm socket, rachet + extension. (console removal)

- I think it's 15, 17, or 19mm socket for the seat bolts + torque wrench to torque back to spec. Unless you enjoy a floating chair during an accident.

Torque wrench....way too much money...

I can feel exactly how tight they need to be when I take them off....

I can also put some velcro on the seat itself which will help hold it down in case of an accident...

thanks guys for mentioning my auctions. I am trying to sell things as cheap as possible while still making a small profit.

I have (2) of the subwoofers for Legacy. I also have 2 short shifters. I am not sure if they are Legacy but the Subaru Parts # is C1010FA001

I will find out before I list them on Ebay what they are for. I think they are for WRX, but I am not positive.

Is there anything else you guys are looking for from OEM Subaru. I have an Automatic Shift Knob that looks like this which is for Legacy GT Auto if anyone is interested..

http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/subaru/C101ESA000.jpg

thanks guys,

Josh L

EBay Auctions:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZjdlperformance

I dont have a shop or a website. I bought out a local Subaru dealer parts department inventory that was going out of business and I am just passing along some of the savings that I got to fellow Subaru owners. I am hardly making a profit on anything and just want to get rid of the stuff.

I am selling what I bought out of my home and dont have a business.

I was invited to this forum by someone who bought something from me on Ebay.

So shall I not post anything else I have on here????????

I was under the impression that if I didnt own a business, it was ok.

thanks,

Josh L

Archived