LegacyGT.com

Anyone use the Amsoil EA012 oil filter?

wukindada

Thinking of switching over to that filter after reading up on it. Just wanted to knw if anyone has any experience with it.

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eao.aspx

Looks like the filter can be used safely for around 20k, I would still switch it every other oil change.

The online cost is 15.95 + shipping

Cant find anywhere local that carries them:(:(

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Hello, I use it. I am a dealer for Amsoil. NOT trying to sell you it, just saying I am cause it is cheaper. I run the Series 2000 0w-30 weight and will run it for a year. I have been runing Amsoil for a while now and love it. On my Avalanche I have a bypass filter kit. Wish I could fit it on my Subby but can't find a good spot. Let me know if you need any more info.

Can you dealer guys find out why Amsoil says that there is a different oil filter for the turbo 2.5L engine on my 05 LGT and my wife's 04 TS wagon. According to my dealership, all the 4 cyl engines take the same filter.

Thanks!!

Apparently they recommend a different filter for the turbo than the NA. Maybe they are larger, to accomadate the need for additional filtering. Remember, Amsoil recommends their new filters for one year, or 25k miles. So to do this, maybe on a turbo they need it larger. This isn't your cheap over the counter filter from the dealer. Just my thoughts though. Maybe this helps.

Archived