LegacyGT.com

Turbo Back System

LegacyGT2007

For the most part, you will probably have to buy your cat-back and downpipe separately. There aren't many places that make both.

You also need to determine how loud of an exhaust you want, if you want a catted or catless downpipe, how much $$ you want to spend, and if you have a manual or automatic.

Here's a great deal on a nice exhaust and downpipe:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51995

Other cat-back Exhausts:

Greddy EVO2

Perrin

Megan Racing

Boral

Fujitsubo (spelling?)

etc. I can't even name them all

Other downpipes:

Invidia

Cobb

Megan Racing

AVO

TDC tuning

Perrin

Lachute

Too many to mention

I would just check out the vendor's websites and see what they have. There should be other helpful hints, but some people may just tell you to search.

you can save some money on a full down pipe by purchasing a shorty...like crucial racing, stromung or flow. these will get you most of the performance gain of thier big brother while allowing you to maintain the stock third cat in your second section of your down pipe. a good thing come emissions testing and visual inspections. a down pipe with high flow cat will only gain you about 5-8hp, not really enought to feel. a catless set up will be a little different...you'll begin to feel the difference....and smell it.

check out the new spt exhuast....good reviews so far. others that seem to be popular are the Greddy EVO 2 (loud!), Perrin (loud) and Megan Racing (twin dual tips...only $600). or you could always have a custom cat back made...would run you about $400.

Don't forget about your suspension. If your stock and move to a TBE with ECM tuning to support it, you should really consider at least some springs. Your stock suspension will have a hard time keeping the power to the road.

autospeed is having a sale on their exhaust products. check out this thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51995&highlight=autospeed

TBE $998 :eek:

ok if your car isn't lowered. lowered cars had issues with the cat back hitting the sway bar. they issued relocation brackets, but i'm not sure if that solved the issue. i believe the cat back on sale is this version 1. it's on clearance to move them out and make way for version 2.

Performance & quality wise it's VERY hard to beat a SP2 & COBB DP combo;)

So, what type of performance does the SP2 allow? Not as much as its EVO2 big brother? Is it as loud as the EVO2? What type of hp and tq gains will it show with DP?

No need to address the Cobb DP issue. I'm more familiar with that piece.

Close to the same peformance as the EVO2 but much.....much quieter.

I have the EVO2 & I wish I had the SP2!!

As far as actual #'s go I couldn't tell you but there is def. power to be had with aftermarket catback.

My conservative guess would be 10-13hp on a Stage II+ car

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

• 11 months later...
Ive been reading alot lately about TBE different combos, catbacks and Dp's etc etc. You can piece alot fo stuff together of course, and it will work. Ive decided to go with the COBB TBE, It is the nicest setup, cleanest, and all the parts seem to fit and finish flawless from WHAT I READ. ITs 1650$ USD, but after you do this and that by parting a full TBE together your gonna be around the same

Ive been reading alot lately about TBE different combos, catbacks and Dp's etc etc. You can piece alot fo stuff together of course, and it will work. Ive decided to go with the COBB TBE, It is the nicest setup, cleanest, and all the parts seem to fit and finish flawless from WHAT I READ. ITs 1650$ USD, but after you do this and that by parting a full TBE together your gonna be around the same

Thats what i wanted to hear. I found it out in California for $1545 which seems like a good deal. Thanks for the advice. Is your set up too loud?

Archived