LegacyGT.com

Freaked out!

Decay

I am worried, I asked a friend who is coming back form Japan to price out the STi trunk lip spoiler for me. She came back with a price that was higher than Kevin at king of imports could do it at. when I emailed her back to not get it, she told me she had to order it already!! If she can't cancel, then I will have to take it, does anyone know if the artic white in japan is the same as the satin pearl white here? Because thats what she ordered. Arghhhh! i hope it works out! TIP: Buy from King of Imports!

because she is my friend, and she ordered it becasue she was afraid she would not get it in time before she left, if i really wanted it. she shouldn't ahve, but she did, I can't stick her with it, it would end our friendship and thats worth more than the thousand it would cost me. I hope its not too expensive, over a thousand dollars CAN is a lot for a spoiler, even if it is STI

I think I know what happened here. The rear lip spoiler comes in a couple of variants. The one commonly referred to here as the STi rear lip spoiler is not actually an STi piece, it is from Subaru main company instead. The STi lip spoiler is a larger piece than incorporates a brake light in the middle, since it would obscure the high mount stop lamp. That one is about $530-550 USD, which is more than double that of the other, smaller lip spoiler. These are the color codes for Japan: Brilliant Silver Metallic: TE Grey Metallic: LR Garnet Red Pearl: RO Regal Blue Pearl: BH Arctic White Pearl: WZ Granite Grey Pearl: LY Atlantic Blue Pearl: BE Champagne Gold Pearl: GA Obsidian Black Pearl: VW Dark Green Mica: FF There is only one white, so I would wager a guess that the arctic white pearl is the same, or nearly the same, as the Satin White Pearl. The name may have been changed for the American market. If the order hasn't been filled yet, the dealers here are not that harsh about cancelling an order, especially if your friend can let them know the mistake. There is no way that they would overcharge her for the rear lip spoiler if they ordered the right one. If it is in the greater Tokyo area, send me a pm and I can see if I can call and get it straightened out for you. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

thanks for the help apex japan: I actually did order the larger STi version with the brake lamp. I knew the price would be around 57780 yen, but it was the cost to bring it in that was growing expontially. She told me it might be around an extra 46000 yen to ship it from factory to airport and then JAL was goign to charge her for oversized luggage, and I still have to pay duty and taxes on it for canadian customs. BTW anyone know what canadian customs is on a product such as this? anyways, she called me today to tell me that she is checking ifshe can cancel the order. i raelly want it, the but the cost is higher than if I have an import company in north america do it for me. she doesn't think she can cancel it, but she now says the whole thing might (and this is a big might) be able to do everything for about 70000 yen or $806 CAN, which is very reasonable and I would do it for that price. Hmm still have duty and gst tax to figure out, but that would have been true for anyoen who ordered it shipped to canada for me fingers crossed!

[quote name='Decay']thanks for the help apex japan: I actually did order the larger STi version with the brake lamp. I knew the price would be around 57780 yen, but it was the cost to bring it in that was growing expontially. She told me it might be around an extra 46000 yen to ship it from factory to airport and then JAL was goign to charge her for oversized luggage, and I still have to pay duty and taxes on it for canadian customs.[/QUOTE] Sheesh, next time let me know - we can order it and get it shipped to our office in Japan for free (our Subaru and STi suppliers love us, and we love them back), and could have probably shipped it to Canada for another 200-250 Canadian. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

If she can indeed cancel the order ( I have a feeling she can't and its goin to be super expensive for me). I will contact you regarding cost fo shipping and stuff, do you knwo how much it would cost for you to ship it to Hong Kong? I might be in that neck of the woods in january, but won't have time to stop off in Japan. (Work)

[quote name='Decay']If she can indeed cancel the order ( I have a feeling she can't and its goin to be super expensive for me). I will contact you regarding cost fo shipping and stuff, do you knwo how much it would cost for you to ship it to Hong Kong? I might be in that neck of the woods in january, but won't have time to stop off in Japan. (Work)[/QUOTE] I've not got the information in front of me, but I imagine it's going to be a lot cheaper than all the way to Canada from here. Let me check on that. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

Archived