LegacyGT.com

question: 2.5i panel air filter

yuhocheung

Boostjunkie helped me with my intake silencer removal

when we took my 2.5i air filter box out, we noticed that my panel filter has two layers, one is removable and interchangable, but the other one is not, actually the other one i think it was tucked between the plastic.

Which is weird, in GTs they only have one filter and we have two :iam:

Did anyone else notice that as well?

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

• 3 years later...
^^yes i did, id hate to bump a thread that's 3 years old but i am curious about this as well. I want to change the filer out on mine as part of my maintenance schedule, and noticed there was one you cannot remove and one you can, and ever since rallitek updated there page i cannot seem to find a panel filter for an 08-09 2.5i.

Search under the Legacy GT section for the panel filter. I feel the new site is very disorganized and there's missing stuff on the 2.5i page (such as the non-turbo front sway bar, but it's found on the Outback page).

I'm using the AVO panel filter with no issues for 1.5 years.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5417/dsc03164.jpg

the one on the left is the filter, the filter on the right is fixed (glued) to the MAF side of the air box, i can remove it but i would have to break it off. I cannot understand how this is not replaceable i would imagine in another 10k miles it would be filthy. what should I do just remove it?

It could also be there for protecting the MAF in the event you get a high flow filter and something makes its way through and destroys the MAF. but im thinking I should just remove it to improve flow when I get a new drop in.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived