LegacyGT.com

07 Factory Remote Start

I don't know. It is used to do the idling like he said earlier.

D'oh! I guess I jumped to the last message, not realizing that others have jumped in to the thread. I missed motoracer's comment.

I see why that button didn't show up in the installation guide. It's part of the remote harness and is not shown as a separate part. There are instructions that match motoracer's explanation.

Well, it certainly doesn't seem like this is the cause of my problems. I guess I should call up my dealer. I just have no faith that they can fix this after 2 failed units. Ah well, the rest of the car has been working great.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I special ordered my car from colorado at a local dealership. Because it had what I wanted. Extra was the remote start. But now that is working, I am glad I got it. Plus the sticker for the car was cheaper in colorado then if it was here. Nice.

Well, tried it this morning and it is back to the same old tricks. I contacted the last rep I had from SOA. Hopefully she can help. I wouldn't be opposed to giving me my money back for the amount and going to get an aftermarket one installed. Not an Audiovox though.

Well, tried it this morning and it is back to the same old tricks.

:(

I haven't done anything about mine yet. I hate testing it because I don't want to upset my neighbours, nor set it off in any other public place and attract attention. I've been turning it off before unlocking the door.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't tried unlocking my doors after a remote start for the past week for fear of setting off the alarm and upsetting the neighbours early in the morning. Today I was going out mid-day so gave it a try, and it worked! So, I've got a problem that is intermittent for sure. Lots of fun getting them fixed.

Prime Power, have you gotten any place in getting yours fixed?

They are talking with their engineering dept. to see what to do. I believe it is related to temp. The colder the worse.

I set it off this morning. Temperature was a few degrees colder than yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, just got it back today. Again we will wait and see if it worked for the long haul. They have been very good about this, rental every time. We will see if they fix it though.

Ah good. I haven't done anything with mine, I got tired of bringing it in. Loaner car or not. I'm waiting until I have some more reason to go in. E.g. the first scheduled maintenance. My seat has also developed a squeek, so that's something more for them to look at.

• 1 month later...
Yes, just got it back today. Again we will wait and see if it worked for the long haul. They have been very good about this, rental every time. We will see if they fix it though.

HI,

Just wondering if this was the final fix. Is it working fine now?

Thanks.

So far working great. hope it holds. How bout you.

Thanks.

I haven't done anything with it. Car's gotta go in for the first 6K checkup so I think I'll have them look at it then. I just know that they are going to have to test it. Then give the car back and wait for parts, then I have to bring the car back in. Annoying.

• 5 months later...

Archived