LegacyGT.com

Anyone put on aftermarket tips?

BMac1203

Guys,

Apologies if this has been covered before. Basically, Dual exhaust is sweet, but good looking dual exhaust is sweeter. I like the look of aftermarket exhaust system tips, but since I've done the hogzaust mod, not really inclined to spend ~$800 for a new exhaust yet.

Has anyone put on aftermarket tips to jazz up the look of our exhausts?

Thanks in advance.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

fwiw, i removed my tips to give them a thorough polish; rust can be a big problem. there're square nuts welded inside the stockers that the bolts on top and bottom you see thread into. if they're rusted like mine were, you will have to dremel/drill them out. just something to check out before you get started, and a forewarning so you're not surprised if you shear one off.

best of luck.

Hey thanks, appreciated. Worst comes to worst, I can take it to a local shop and let them get 'em off for some pocket change.

fwiw, i removed my tips to give them a thorough polish; rust can be a big problem. there're square nuts welded inside the stockers that the bolts on top and bottom you see thread into. if they're rusted like mine were, you will have to dremel/drill them out. just something to check out before you get started, and a forewarning so you're not surprised if you shear one off.

best of luck.

Guys,

I like the look of aftermarket exhaust system tips, but since I've done the hogzaust mod, not really inclined to spend ~$800 for a new exhaust yet.

how about $400, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-Subaru-Legacy-GT-Turbo-Catback-Exhaust-Dual_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33630QQihZ017QQitemZ270076758093QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

its all the rage these days :lol:

Haha. Well, I've thought about it, but I'm not really looking for any extra HP right now, just a some better looking tips. And yes, I do know that they are just covers or sleeves, if you will, just was hoping that someone had done something similar.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41392

I still need to post pics of the new tip location. They look a lot better moved out a bit from their original location. Maybe this weekend??? Just to clarify, AFAIK your choices with Borla are the oval tips I used and round tips if you want a clamp-on tip. I looked at all their other tips and they were either weld-on or a different diameter than what we need.

Did you have to cut/alter the stock pipes at all to make them fit? If not, willing to take a bribe to produce a set for me as well? :icon_wink

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41392

I still need to post pics of the new tip location. They look a lot better moved out a bit from their original location. Maybe this weekend??? Just to clarify, AFAIK your choices with Borla are the oval tips I used and round tips if you want a clamp-on tip. I looked at all their other tips and they were either weld-on or a different diameter than what we need.

If you're only using it for winter, any chance you'll let the tips go...to me? :lol:

They are bolt on but you have to cut all but 3 inches off for them to fit... They are still on my stock catback in my parents garage... I am putting the stock catback on for the winter then my custom one for spring and summer.

Archived