LegacyGT.com

Gripes about Legacy GT

I would have never taken delivery of the car with that license plate holder on the front (and it's accompanying holes!) That is insane. I made my dealer remove any dealer advertisements prior to me taking it home (in my case, it was a sticker on the trunk) good luck! Rob

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='RoundBoy']don't supersize! This car (finally) holds the 1 liter bottles of mt dew i drink.. I LOVE the cup holders[/QUOTE]Agreed! I came from a SAAB with practically nil cupholders. The Legacy's are great (very similar to Nissan's) Rob

After a few weeks of actually getting to enjoy the car, most of my inital gripes evaporated. I do have one, but it's not a factory issue, it is how the dealer installed the sub/amp package - it has a thick blue wire that is clearly visible from the back seat and also if you look into the back windows. Any other issues - absolutely none. Excellent car so far. - Mike

[quote name='godwhomismike']After a few weeks of actually getting to enjoy the car, most of my inital gripes evaporated. I do have one, but it's not a factory issue, it is how the dealer installed the sub/amp package - it has a thick blue wire that is clearly visible from the back seat and also if you look into the back windows. Any other issues - absolutely none. Excellent car so far. - Mike[/QUOTE] there is a dealer notice on exactly this issue... how to re-route the blue wire so its not visible. Take it to the dealership.. they have instructions on how to do it..

[quote name='RoundBoy']there is a dealer notice on exactly this issue... how to re-route the blue wire so its not visible. Take it to the dealership.. they have instructions on how to do it..[/QUOTE] I will once I find a good dealership, I will [b]NEVER[/b] go back to the one I bought from again. - Mike

[quote name='LandShark']As for those sorry-ass cupholders....I welcome any improvements. I'm wondering if my car came complete. What's the "electric plug" looking socket for inbetween the 2 cup holders? Is there supposed to be some kinda attachment or device to offer a variable cup size restraint? If not, the design sucks! Too fat and too shallow. Doesn't hold a damn thing![/QUOTE] Did you not get the piece that sticks up with a bit of rubber on the sides to hold the cups in place? It's possible to twist it out to use that comparment for storage, which might be the plug you're talking about... Take a look in the manual -- I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in there. If that's not it, weird. I have absolutely no problems with anything in my cup holders, as long as it's as least as big as a soda can.

[quote name='franklin']Thanks for your input on smoking. Do you feel superior now? The ashtray location still sucks. I was confused I thought this was about issues with the cars.[/QUOTE] I smoked for almost 9 years, and quit two months ago. But, when I smoked, I never ever used a car's ashtray, it keeps the smeel of smoke in the car. I always used to flick the ashes out the window. Don't use the ash tray, your car's gonna smell awful in no time. - Mike

[quote name='franklin']Anyone a smoker? The ashtray is location is awful. I have a 5 speed manual and using the ashtray is a nightmare to get to whiloe driving.[/QUOTE] Sorry everyone had to be so stupid as to try to tell you to stop smoking. I don't personally smoke but my father has for the last 42 years of his life and I know he hates to be told to quit as anyone would. Back to topic I don't know what you coould possibly do make it better, I know the GS has the same position and my dad burned the wood a view times trying to navigate around the shifter gate. Best idea probably just to use the window as Mike said, less cleaning and less smell.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

[quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']Best idea probably just to use the window as Mike said, less cleaning and less smell.[/QUOTE] Yeah, what we really need is more cigarette butts lying around on the side of roads. Have you ever helped out in an adopt a highway clean up day? You could spend an entire weekend on one mile of road and still not pick up all of the butts. Nobody wants to touch them for one, and there are just so many of them. I have no problem with people smoking, but littering isn't necessary. Tap your ashes out the window and put the butt in the ashtray until you get home and empty the ashtray into the trash. That's what I do with my gum and candy wrappers, it's too easy.

[quote name='Jimbo']Yeah, what we really need is more cigarette butts lying around on the side of roads. Have you ever helped out in an adopt a highway clean up day? You could spend an entire weekend on one mile of road and still not pick up all of the butts. Nobody wants to touch them for one, and there are just so many of them. I have no problem with people smoking, but littering isn't necessary. Tap your ashes out the window and put the butt in the ashtray until you get home and empty the ashtray into the trash. That's what I do with my gum and candy wrappers, it's too easy.[/QUOTE] I never said to throw the butts out the window, you should put them back in the pack or ashtray since they are done.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

[QUOTE As for those sorry-ass cupholders....I welcome any improvements. I'm wondering if my car came complete. What's the "electric plug" looking socket for inbetween the 2 cup holders? Is there supposed to be some kinda attachment or device to offer a variable cup size restraint? If not, the design sucks! Too fat and too shallow. Doesn't hold a damn thing![/QUOTE] Landshark You are definately missing the removeable part to the cupholders that make it functional. When you twist this piece out, the manual says to use the area for storage other than cupholders.

I haven't been looking through the thread, but I will have to say that whomever put the undercoating on the car wasn't very precise because I took my wheels off to clean them and rotate them and took a good hard thought and came to the conclusion that the stuff that was caked on in various spots on the inside is the undercoating. I cleaned some off, the rest will happen at a later date. Just kinda poor that they got undercoating on that spot when there would be multiple ways to keep the undercoating from getting on there. I kinda wish the passenger front footwell had more room for toes. The passenger seat doesn't seem to fit me quite as well as the drivers seat as well. Um, I think I'm out of rants and raves for right now.

wow so many similarties between ur gripes and my test drive Lack of foot room/knee room on driver and passenger side (dude i'm only 5' 10.5" )....this has always been a legacy problem but they fail to address it. I know...i know that the diff running back to rear takes up room but they can style their doors better to resolve that Ash-tray was so inaccessible...why did they even bother I cant believe none of you complained about the cruise control selector unit behind steering wheel....are we in the 90's still??? exterior door handles-not very classy....honda civic has better ones he he they call them cup-holders??? i did like the side-view mirror joystick.

Archived