LegacyGT.com

Mitsubishi Evo IX

Even EVO VIII make power incredibly easy... my friend just bought a used EVO VIII in perfect condition, put a full turboback exhaust on it, and now heis quite literally within 1 car lengh of my car in a pull to 60. I have sooo much money to make my car as fast as it is with my 20g turbo, FMIC, fuel mods, tuning, etc. etc. etc. and he goes and does it with almost no effort. As soon as he's tuned he will blow me away... sad fact of LGTs or even STIs (which I can smoke...) is that EVOs mod so much easier and can make HUGE power.

My brother in law picked up his LGT right before I picked up my Evo IX. He loves the handling the power of my car, yet I love the creature comforts and extras that the Legacy comes with. His stock LGT handles great by the way! The Evo and LGT are similar cars, yet have so many differences.

Personally I could care less of heated seats and windshield wipers, but it is still cool to have!

My Evo is loud, the shifter is tight and harsh, I can feel every bump in the road, and steering turn-in is just crazy, which is just my style! Not to mention the interior is extremely basic. The LGT is a more tame daily driver; has a softer suspension, looser shifter, quiet intake/exhaust, MPG computer and just easier for the Mrs. to drive.

What I am trying to say is that it is all about tradeoffs. If I had a family, and needed a daily driver, I would definitely go with the LGT. I am however, single, and I already have a daily driver, so the Evo is perfect to let off some steam on the weekends and occasionally take to the office.

not only that but rumor that the X is bigger, and will only be in paddle shifting, no stick. However suspension has some crazy yaw sensing abilities and is ridiculous from what i've been reading.

It will have both transmissions :).

-ben

I had a 4g63 powered Eclipse and will never go back. That is mainly the reason why I can't gives props to the EVO. Any car can be made into a performer, hell take a old 5.0 and throw a Nos kit on it. But how long will it continue to perform? The answer for my GS-T was, not long at all!

OMG...how did you treat your eclipse? yea DSMs were known to have problems, why? cus their owners beat the hell out of them DAILY! and like evo owners they love to take their cars to the limits.

when it comes to longevity...the iron block 4g63 takes the cake. ya peolpe can go on and on about it asnt reliable and all this other BS...but cmon really? people have this mis-conception that the evo is unbreakable..no one ever said that...you still have to break it in properly, you still have to put fresh oil in it...and so on...

2006 vs 2006...EVO wins every time, and please dont compare the price point of an MR to a base STI...compare it to a limited...its always beena fact that the EVO costs less than the STI, and is cheaper to mod.

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

the wing is ugly. Love the car but it looks too much like a 17 year olds car

the wing is functional and lightweight...can you say the same for the STI?:lol:

cus it seems liek for the wing to be functional the sTI needs that supid ugly VG onthe rear window:lol:

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

I'd be driving a IX right now if it had side/head airbags, a dash that didn't look like a 1980's mirage, and if you could delete the hideous wing off the back.[/quoye]

wing is easily deleted with four bolts... Dash looks fine...and no where near an 80's mirage since they really didnt have them then...i acutally like the evo's dash more than the WRX's

i agree that is it lacking side airbags tho

I thought the only main problem with EVOs are reliability and stuff breaking....otherwise good cars.

i dont get why people keep saying that the evo breaks? hell the LGT does to after you go stage II and running on stock intercooler...

increase the boost on the LGT and BOOM...goes your UP into your Snail...then you have more headaches:confused:

Ever priced Mitsubishi upgrades? They'd laugh a vendor out of town if they asked $1400 for just an 18g. Forced Performance is selling big 16g's for $450. Don't peek at their new oem-appearing EvoGreen either -- 10-sec timeslips, 127+ mph traps, all in a stock-looking housing. That's the kind of turbo I'd spend $1800 on.

+1

i dont get why people keep saying that the evo breaks? hell the LGT does to after you go stage II and running on stock intercooler...

increase the boost on the LGT and BOOM...goes your UP into your Snail...then you have more headaches:confused:

Pretty much if any car breaks it's neglect by the owner.. whether they didn't upgrade everything properly or abused the car or didn't perform proper maintenance.. I've heard that the weaker point on the Evo was the clutch, but on any AWD car, that's a common breaking point.

Archived