LegacyGT.com

Stock RE92 215/45/17 vs. Dunlop Sport Maxx 225/45/17

stephenahood

Wow! What a difference these tires have made. Previously I felt the RE92s weren't really all that bad, and they are probably OK based on individual need, but I never would have thought the difference would be this drastic, the car feels way more planted and composed......other than cost I can't really find a single down side. Got these on sale at the tirerack.

Wow! What a difference these tires have made. Previously I felt the RE92s weren't really all that bad, and they are probably OK based on individual need, but I never would have thought the difference would be this drastic, the car feels way more planted and composed......other than cost I can't really find a single down side. Got these on sale at the tirerack.

How are these tires at 80+? Do you get knocked around by road crown like the RE92A's?

Some on tirerack criticise certain tires for throwing more stuff up on their cars. Do you see any diff with these vs. stock tires?

I've only got about 500 miles on the tires, but they are great, no drifting around at all, I haven't noticed any more stuff getting thrown up on the car. I did a lot of research prior to buying these and think that anyone putting these on over stock would notice a huge improvement.

If it's not too much trouble, I've love to see a picture from the front or rear of the car, to see the shape of the sidewalls.

I just put on 205/50/17 snow tires and I'm pretty sure they're wider than the stock 215s (at the widest point anyway, not sure about the contact patch). The stock tires seem relatively narrow for 215s, so I wonder how 225s work out. My guess is you can worry a lot less about curb-rashing your wheels now. :)

Yes, there is plenty of rim protection, the overall difference in appearance is minimal, after a few weeks it just looks normal. Oddly enough, the fronts have more of a changed look over stock as far as how far out the tire looks in regards to the car. Overall, I'm 100% happy, so if you're thinking of upgrading - I say do it....

Archived