LegacyGT.com

is everyone getting tired of their cars?

I had my last car for about 10 years, and intend to have this car for at least that long. There are few cars on the market that I like. I gave my last car to my girlfriend because I didn't want to let it get too far away. :)

My 325iX was one that I liked, this LGT is another. It'll be a while before another appears. The upcoming Nissan GT-R might be such a car, but I get the impression that I won't be able to afford one for a few years, so, same difference.

And while I'm waiting for something better to come along (or to become affordable), I expect to tweak the LGT until I like it more than anything else on the market anyway.

by the end of the month it'll be 1 full year for me.. and are you kidding me?!? i love this car...

that said, there are always people that like to change cars every 2-3 years.. why do you think people lease? well other than the tax right off, and it is cheaper than monthly loan payment... but i digress... love the car.. i bet i still love it after 5+ years! unless i have a major life change i don't see myself parting with the leggy..

I'm not tired, but I need a bigger ride. The trip back from the inlaws this xmass drove home how much the LGT sedan blows when the mother in law loads you up with toys for the little guy.

I also want an quieter ride. Don't get me wrong, the LGT is a pretty quiet car but I really want something where I can listen to something other than Metallica when on the freeway. Even so, I'm considering an LGT wagon with the auto (hey, what choice do I have? Thanks Subaru) but with the auto comes the potential for the wife driving it (she can drive a manual but carpal tunnel makes it literally too painful in a heavy comute) so I want memory seats and Subie doesn't have that at this time so I'm kinda in a holding pattern.

Considering:

-LGT wagon if Subie does memory seats on the refresh. Maybe even without. I like the subies.

-Passat sedan or wagon if VW offers DSG this year. Their slushbox auto blows. Downside: notorious crapshoot with the VW Lemon Demon. BUT the seats are so damn comfortable. And : umbrella hodler FTW. Lol.

-Ford Edge (WTF? Yep.) It has some odd appeal to me. Reviews all rave about how quiet it is. We'll see if I can ever find one to test. Bonus: bog standard double din radio slot. No integrated hvac BS.

- Mazda CX7. Same platfrom as Edge. Kinda a guzzler with the turbo and 91octane. Test drove one. Pretty nice. Found myself going quite fast without noticing it. Wacky radio/secondary display integration.

- Dodge Magnum. The thought of a V8 station wagon brings back some memories from my youth. And they are quite pimpin'. Downside: endless "that thing got a HEMI" jokes from Bimmer driving lemming friends.

I've had my '05 for about two years.

It's quiet, more fuel efficient than my previous Mazda6 (V6), better interior, more comfortable and the style of the Legacy requires time to appreciate. The more I drive it, the more I think "Dang! You lucked out finding this car." Especially when we get a 10" of snow all at once!

I'm not tired, but I need a bigger ride. The trip back from the inlaws this xmass drove home how much the LGT sedan blows when the mother in law loads you up with toys for the little guy.

I also want an quieter ride. Don't get me wrong, the LGT is a pretty quiet car but I really want something where I can listen to something other than Metallica when on the freeway. Even so, I'm considering an LGT wagon with the auto (hey, what choice do I have? Thanks Subaru) but with the auto comes the potential for the wife driving it (she can drive a manual but carpal tunnel makes it literally too painful in a heavy comute) so I want memory seats and Subie doesn't have that at this time so I'm kinda in a holding pattern.

Considering:

-LGT wagon if Subie does memory seats on the refresh. Maybe even without. I like the subies.

-Passat sedan or wagon if VW offers DSG this year. Their slushbox auto blows. Downside: notorious crapshoot with the VW Lemon Demon. BUT the seats are so damn comfortable. And : umbrella hodler FTW. Lol.

-Ford Edge (WTF? Yep.) It has some odd appeal to me. Reviews all rave about how quiet it is. We'll see if I can ever find one to test. Bonus: bog standard double din radio slot. No integrated hvac BS.

- Mazda CX7. Same platfrom as Edge. Kinda a guzzler with the turbo and 91octane. Test drove one. Pretty nice. Found myself going quite fast without noticing it. Wacky radio/secondary display integration.

- Dodge Magnum. The thought of a V8 station wagon brings back some memories from my youth. And they are quite pimpin'. Downside: endless "that thing got a HEMI" jokes from Bimmer driving lemming friends.

You really should take a look @ a Leftover 06 Trailblazer SS AWD. I drove one 2 weeks ago on a extended test drive (kept it overnight) The power is very impressive for a SUV & the price is very impressive also you can get them for around 30K or just a little less.

Gas mileage was not the best but I drove the SS almost 200miles in just over 48hrs ....

Here is what I saw...

City.....12mpg

Hwy....19mpg

The city driving was on the spirited side....400hp in a SUV has a totally different sensation than a car with the same HP.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

SRT8 version yes.......

any of the other version's.........including the R/T.....not so much

The SRT8 version is the only one as quick as the SS though & it will set you back 42k:eek:

Meh. I'm one of the few peeps here who doesn't need even a sub 6-sec 0-60 time. Most morons on the road find it physically impossible to press the throttle even half way, so their monstrously powerful houses, erm, suv's, never use even 1/2 their power (while using all the gas).

I have no trouble at all in my MX-5 (8 sec 0-60) slicing through hwy traffic with judicous bursts of the throttle. It's every bit as easy as using the stupendous power of my LGT, just very different approach.

Anyway, I don't need that much power. I'll take the base V8, replace the suspension, and be faster than the hemi anyway.

That is, if I could bring myself to stomach an auto tranny, which I couldn't =\

Archived