Which Swaybars are best/ minimal problems  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which Swaybars are best/ minimal problems

• Cobb
    • Perrin
    • Cusco
    • Swift
    • AVO/IPD

i have been researching all over the internet for a good set of sb's for a while now, and i'm still no closer than i was before! i've looked at perrin,cobb,and cusco, but it seems that everyone has some kind of problem with them.i've seen someone on the cobb forum that had some extreme endlink angles on his fsb, and it ended up blowing out the bearing on his $150 cobb endlink, all because the bar looks to short! on this forum i read a lot of guys saying that their cusco fsb makesall kinds of clunking noises. i'll admit that i have'nt heard a lot about the perrin one, if it was good or bad. anyway, if anyone wants to help point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. thanks and happy new year!!!!
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

thanks, its also good to see someone with a similar car too. at first i was leaning to going with the cobb bars because of its adjustablity, but after looking at their forum and finding out that they were having endlink angle issues i'm not so sure now. i would perfer adjustablity but maybe i dont need it, i,m only going to autocross a few times a year anyway. anyone out there have the perrins and want to chime in?
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

I have a set of Cusco's F and R. Mine seems to be fine. No noise at all.

Deerkiller thinks he has resolved the clunking issue with the Cusco's FSB by inserting a flat rubber shim in the bushing. There may be too much clearance in the bushing.

The design may have already been fixed by Cusco since I don't seem to have a problem and my swaybars are newer than other forum members.

I have a set of Cusco's F and R. Mine seems to be fine. No noise at all.

Deerkiller thinks he has resolved the clunking issue with the Cusco's FSB by inserting a flat rubber shim in the bushing. There may be too much clearance in the bushing.

The design may have already been fixed by Cusco since I don't seem to have a problem and my swaybars are newer than other forum members.

I bought Cusco F&R swaybars 3 weeks ago and the front had the clunking issue until I shimmed the bushings.

I am lowered, so that may caused the clunking, but with Deerkillers fix they are fine now.

I bought Cusco F&R swaybars 3 weeks ago and the front had the clunking issue until I shimmed the bushings.

I am lowered, so that may caused the clunking, but with Deerkillers fix they are fine now.

are you putting the shim in the bushing, like around the bar, or under the bushing to push it out?

by the way, it's my 1st year wedding anniversery, yaaah! got to go out and buy flowers and the like.

Why don't you have whiteline bars in the poll? I have whitelines front and rears adj. bars on my wagon with h-tech springs, stock endlinks. and no problem the bars for about a year. We go on canyon runs and the car is really flat. You can get a set for about $300.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

are you putting the shim in the bushing, like around the bar, or under the bushing to push it out?

by the way, it's my 1st year wedding anniversery, yaaah! got to go out and buy flowers and the like.

Behind the bushing to push it out, see post #64 for picture

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22443&page=5

Happy Anniversary! 12.5 years since I tied the knot, and it gets better every year

:(btw, i'm probably going to stick with the stock endlinks for a while, because the wife gets pissed any time i spend money on the car, particularly after the $220 i spent on the k&n typhoon intake(to noisy) so she does'nt even want to ride in the thing! i can probably swing $300- $400 at a time, but thats all.:icon_mad:

Behind the bushing to push it out, see post #64 for picture

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22443&page=5

Happy Anniversary! 12.5 years since I tied the knot, and it gets better every year

that what i thought you meant. thanks , congrats on 12.5 years, hope mine last at least that long!

i thought about just doing the rear sway bar, but i wonder if it's better to do it as a set or ok to do just the rear?

I did both because I wanted them to be matched and my car is very neutral. I have them both set on soft.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

:(btw, i'm probably going to stick with the stock endlinks for a while, because the wife gets pissed any time i spend money on the car, particularly after the $220 i spent on the k&n typhoon intake(to noisy) so she does'nt even want to ride in the thing! i can probably swing $300- $400 at a time, but thats all.:icon_mad:

Welcome to my world:lol: .

The JDM rear is also a good choice. It works well by its self and can be had for a reasonable price. To add, the 20mm JDM is not like a 21mm cusco cause it is hollow not rigid. It is a good match for stock suspension. However if you go with anything else besides the JDM get the set.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

i know through the poll results that most people think that i should get the cusco bars(or jdm), but i think that i would still want the adjustability. i'm almost want to try the perrins just because nobody else seems to have them. maybe i could get those and do a reviewand take some picks to show how they fit. what do you folks think. btw......

happy new year!!

i know through the poll results that most people think that i should get the cusco bars(or jdm), but i think that i would still want the adjustability. i'm almost want to try the perrins just because nobody else seems to have them. maybe i could get those and do a reviewand take some picks to show how they fit. what do you folks think. btw......

happy new year!!

The reason you dont see perrins is because people have had problems with those bars.

Archived