LegacyGT.com

really cheap grill mod

LegacyGTSC

So I've had my car for a year and a half now and have wanted to the mesh grille for about 1 year and 29 days. lol! but i don't have that kind of money to spend on something that i don'[t have to have so i decided to spend $6 on flat black paint and sand paper. I taped off the subaru emblem and painted the rest of the stock grille flat black and it looks absolutely awesome!!! So i know that its something really simple but it looks so damn good.

This isn't a pic of my car but this is the pic that inspired me to paint mine.

http://www.hkc-speed.com/images/uploads/bl5-eyelines_CF/3.jpg

just do a DIY grille... I did mine and its easy

I've definitely thought about it, but I'd like to see more images of the flat black look. I like the mesh, but I feel like it's getting more and more predictable - every car seems to have it. My cousin-in-law's '01 Corolla with the mesh grill takes the cake - I think that might have been what through my in the other direction. :lol:

I did the "paint the grill black" mod over 2 years ago:

http://www.moojohn.com/subaru/grille3.jpg

It's metallic black that matches the inside of the headlights.

Nice where did you get the paint?

I did the same to mine a year ago. used rustoleum satin black for plastic. than I had the DIY RBS grill mod done. looks better.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I went on ebay to the "grille guy" sent me a cut out black mesh for the LGT for like 30$..I took a dremel tool and cut out the Stock Grille and left the 2 end pieces inside of the grille and slid chicken wire through the hole to make it stay in place..You can look at my pictures and you wont even be able to see the Chicken wire..After 2 hours of work I paid 30$ for this grille. Beat that 330$ JDM grilles. lol..You can DEF do better..look around the site for other ideas..

IMG_0388.thumb.jpg.61d42985cb661d38e8f4887359d10561.jpg

IMG_0390.thumb.jpg.aac457d38688e0d1b784f788dd22e73c.jpg

IMG_0469.thumb.jpg.f953c4d8829885a23771d66af2d775d9.jpg

Archived