LegacyGT.com

I Finally Did It !!!!!!!!!

MiniStiGuy

So today I finally did it..

I bought the RING !!!!!!!

Now I just have to think of a way to actually ask her.... any idea's ? (women's suggestions are highly sought after considering you all understand and speak the same language)

Well I was thinking of maybe going to disneyland with her family and then having my aunt set us up for pictures with mickey infront of the castle. While she takes a picture with just her family I'll be behind them on my knee waiting for her to turn around and I'll ask her then....

Input is welcome here......???

what ever you do do something cool that you will both remember. it really doesn't matter where or how. btw your part of this also so what would you like? Disney sounds good. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

I tied the ring to a kitten and when she came over the cat came running out of the bathroom, she didn't even know what to say about the cat and then she picked it up. When she saw the ring she didn't know what to do.

She wanted a cat more than the ring I think.:lol:

Good luck...

Denial is your best friend

Congrats!!!!!! Do it just the two of you. The Disneyland is cool if she likes it. Christmas dinner at the folks is also really cool.

Oh, Trust me go stgII BEFORE you get married. Post wedding the money will be needed elsewhere. Its only another 500.00-700.00 installed. No other mods are nessasary after that IMHO.............yeah right!

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

well she loves disneyland.... and I'd rather have it just us instead of them to but I just didn't know what would be better.

DUDE!!!....SomeHow get disneyland to let you dress up as Mickey Mouse for the "picture"

Have the family setup for the picture...and just before the picture is snapped, coordinate with the family to suggest that your girl and "Mickey" take a "SOLO" picture first or last...

Then BAM...you purpose, mickey suit + ring + whole family + All of disneyland + You making a "fool in love" out of yourself!! = FTMFW!!!

:confused::wub::icon_mrgr

~Sucka-Duck~

Congrat's!!! Your plan sounds like a unique one to your experiences as a couple...if that's how you feel is best go for it!!! If you guys had a special place or song, try to do it there or during...etc...just think back, most women will mention when or how they would like to be proposed to...unless it's a total surprise...in which case, run with it...more then likey your only proposal of this great importance...happy holidays!!!

Brian-

thanks guys for the advice and support on this as some would put "Leap" I'm taking in my life.

The Mickey suit wouldn't work because if I took the head off in public all the kids would be tramatized for life.

I thought of another great place to do it at...

In La Jolla there is a glider port that has Beautiful sunsets which is where we first went the first day we were together to cuddle and watch the sun go down. I was thinking that maybe a picnic on the cliffs to watch the sun go down and I ask her then. Sort of like a start of us in the begining and a start of us forever....

Let me know what you guys think about that.

-Garrett

You have to realize SHE will always remember the day you asked and every detail, so DO NOT dress as a dumb a$$ mouse because when you are not around and she is thinking of that day talking about you with her girls, she's gonna think of you as a big MOUSE !!!!! Do it by yourself just the two of you and that will mean more than a public display, when it comes to intimate moments if it's public then it loses intimacy. Just my HO after 26 years with my little misses, oh and any kind of dress ups down the road, get the SUPERMAN costume.

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/superman-logo.gif

Mine was from Georgia but she moved up to VA to be with me. After a year we weren't at each other's throats I decided it was time to go ahead and propose.

So I brought he to the nearest Waffle House (about 40 miles away) and proposed there after we ate breakfast for dinner.

Here's what my bro in law did.

The whole family went to Europe and he came along. My sister had been asking for a ring for two years. Our 5th day in Europe we went to Venice. He took her to a restaruant on the water. She had studied 8 years of Italian so he decided to give it a go in a foreign language.

He asked a couple of Italians how to do it.

"Sposare mi" he said

"Si!!" was her reply.

While he didnt conjugate correctly and everyone around them understood and applauded. Classy.

I did mine on Christmas. I bought her a jacket and putit in the pocket with a little note in the ring case that said "Will you marry me?". I VDO taped the whole thing. That was 11 yrs ago.:icon_bigg May will make our 10 year of marriage.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I am not big on the public proposal (e.g. restaurant, in front of family, at a ball game, etc.)

everyone's different, but I did mine in a more private way.

each to their own.

++10 I did mine at a private beach with her kids and mine there together (we're both re-married). The kids were off playing in the water and I gave her a mothers day present (but not). Keep it romantic...keep it between yourselves

thanks everyone.....

The hardest part so far is trying to not want to tell everyone because I don't want anything leaking back to her and her surprise being ruined.

Mine already knows, we went together to pick out the ring and everything, we both hate suprises.:lol:

Have Camera...Will Travel

~2007 LegacyGT.com Calendar (October)~

hahahahaha ^^^^^ well I don't want her to find out at all even though her dad once I ask him will probably ruin it because her other sister's husband asked her dad and then her dad proceeded to tell her sister that her husband came to ask him for her hand in marriage which kinda takes away the surprise factor... well actually I guess it doesn't because he just wanted to make sure she wanted to marry him and that she wouldn't feel obligated to say yes.... hmmmm

I think the La Jolla idea is what I'm going for.. maybe candle lit dinner on the cliffs watching the sunset.

Archived