LegacyGT.com

SPT exhaust user comments...

turbo2nr

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if it would fit on the outback?

Will fit, but you have either to cut tips and reweld bent ones (like stock OB) or try to lower it with longer hangers/custom hack job (also done by a member with Stormung catback).

I know the bumper has to be cut for sure. Just curious

Well, doesn't if you get tips pointing down, or hang the mufflers lower so the tips clear the bumper. That works well with dual tips mufflers, like Stormung.

Thank you sir!

800HP++:icon_bigg (Turbonetics T70...83lbs/min) F.A.S.T. sequential stand alone ECU tuned by me. Innovative boost controler and a turbonetics race-gate, tranny brake is fun for wheels up launches!

Here is my old Lotus...sold it for a 2007 Vette. They are delivery cars:lol: . It's true! Had a 05 STi before that, and an 02 WRX wagon before that.

Scott

1657167724_buickpics002.thumb.jpg.91eb4a006e98070ddabad223936abc2c.jpg

1667482272_buickpics007.thumb.jpg.c018ee4fd3c0b618b1d6c9406ac9812c.jpg

1094133686_buickpics009.thumb.jpg.69600745573791e95928c35a59ce3a74.jpg

456460741_Lab20pics_20spring200620049.thumb.jpg.47f17144b995108ba1c12e4ccfe6473f.jpg

Great, thanks again. The exhaust actually looks really sharp on the wagon! I am considering getting it. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to extend the tips a bit, i.e. cut them from the mufflers and weld in piece of a SS tube to move them further back.

Thanks for your comments. I have experience with Subarus and turbo cars. I believe it will be fine. It's a factory part...tested and perfect! Worthwhile for what exactly??

I can rebuild a Dog box in my sleep...I've had a Subaru 100% apart in my garage (03 wrx), love drag racing, have a complete extra subaru drivetrain in my house, broken just about everything, this wagon is my 5th subaru. I have two cars with stand alone ECUs, bottles of NO2, drums of Meth and C-116 everywhere, 22'enclosed trailer for heading to the track...etc, etc.....pull and rebuild all my onw stuff(and others) just a little background info

Scott

(I sell JDM synthetic boost fluid, PM for details!)

Thanks for your comments. I have experience with Subarus and turbo cars. I believe it will be fine. It's a factory part...tested and perfect! Worthwhile for what exactly??

For better looks. The exhaust is designed for sedan. Difference between sedan and wagon catback is the exhaust tip length.

holy crap, you've got some really sweet cars turbo2nr! i'm teh jealous! i've now narrowed down my cbe choices to spt, perrin, autospeed, and cobb if they ever get of their butts and finish designing it!
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

Comming soon, already ordered...

STi Pink springs

STi front lower spoiler

STi 18" twelve spoke wheels, graphite with pink logo center caps

STi badging

STi wheel lugs, spline drive, black from Japan

AVO 420 turbo and IC

Carbon fiber Hood scoop

AVO caster bushings?? (yellow offset bushing, front lower control arm)

Waiting for the rear AVO swaybar brace.

Scott

Get those sti wheels mounted on your legacy and take lots of pics! They are my dream wheels :)

I am really tempted to pull a trigger on it. OTOH MR quad tip could be interesting, although all sources indicate MR rather loud... I want it quiet and no drone.... hmmmm....

I am really tempted to pull a trigger on it. OTOH MR quad tip could be interesting, although all sources indicate MR rather loud... I want it quiet and no drone.... hmmmm....

Try and make the AMS meet near DC. Not sure how up north in Jersey you are, but theirs likely to be a good mix of CBE's to listen too. Including Hovied who will have the SPT (but also running headers).

Try and make the AMS meet near DC. Not sure how up north in Jersey you are' date=' but theirs likely to be a good mix of CBE's to listen too. Including Hovied who will have the SPT (but also running headers).[/quote']

Actually I was thinking about making a road trip down there... good idea.

Hello all,

I got the SPT exhaust system installed yesterday and thought I'd post my initial impressions.

Quality: The system looks absolutely first-rate to me. I am admittedly no expert when it comes to judging aftermarket exhasut systems, but this definitely looks well built. Precision welds, nicely finished, etc.

Sound: The sound is fantastic. When the car starts, it has a nice deep bark to it. While warming up (~1500RPM) the exhaust has a deep rumble. It the stock exhaust's volume during this time was a 2 (on a scale of 1-10), I'd put the SPT at 4. Once the engine is totally warmed up, (and the idle drops < 1000 RPM) the exhaust system is nearly silent. Seriously. I was outside my idling car yesterday afternoon after driving about 15 miles. It is just extremely quiet at times like that.

Once on the road (normal driving, say not more that 3500RPM), you get to enjoy a deep rumble that is really not too much louder than stock. In fact, it's not so much that it is louder, more that the sound is transformed. Less mechanical and more musical - with an emphasis on bass. Again, if stock volume was 2-3, the SPT would be 3.5 - 4.5. The exhaust is audible on the freeway but not unpleasant. I wouldn't call it "drone".

When you finally decide to jump on it, the exhaust sounds phenominal. It has a magical melodic quality between 4000 and 4750RPM, and screams up to the redline. I'd say if stock volume under WOT is 4, the SPT is 5.5.

Finally, performance: Now I did just get it installed yesterday, but I probably drove the car 45 miles in all sorts of conditions - freeway, city, suburbia, etc. IMHO, the exhaust DOES increase the car's midrange and topend pull a bit. I am basing this on two things: butt-dyno and VDC. Our streets were wet yesterday (this IS Portland...) and I made 3 hard acceleration runs up through 4th gear. Under similar conditions (prior to the exhaust), the car just accellerated and went. With the SPT installed (again, on wet roads), VDC kicked in ever so briefly after letting the clutch out on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. It has never done that before. "Sport" mode on SI drive feels better now (a little edgier), and the car feels as if it is a bit more flexible - in that it felt like I could be a little lazier about leaving it in 4th instead of downshifting.

A word about fit: My right rear muffler hangs down exactly like GMoney's did. If I understand correctly, I should be able to resolve this by swapping out the stock exhaust hangers with the STI hangers mentioned by GMoney here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=895382

If I had to compare the exhaust sound to a similar one I've heard before, I'd say it reminds me of a classic tuned 911 I once had the pleasure of hearing.

Overall, I am very pleased with the exhaust system. Once the hanger issue is fixed, I think I'll be thrilled. :)

MR is not for you.

Yeah, ppl were telling so. I'd like the quad-tip, but don't like too much noise and any fitment issues.

SPT here I come!

Archived