LegacyGT.com

SPT exhaust user comments...

turbo2nr

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tell ya it pays to live in Lafayette Indiana. When I got my oil change about a month ago the shop manager was telling me that their dealership lets alot of stuff go. Alot of grey area he told me. But that doesn't mean you can put a bigger turbo on the car and blow the heads and they'll fix it. But as far as exhausts and little mods you don't have to worry about much. SIA is a big part of Lafayette and gives alot of jobs to people. They want people to drive Subarus and to have fun with them!!!

I tell ya it pays to live in Lafayette Indiana. When I got my oil change about a month ago the shop manager was telling me that their dealership lets alot of stuff go. Alot of grey area he told me. But that doesn't mean you can put a bigger turbo on the car and blow the heads and they'll fix it. But as far as exhausts and little mods you don't have to worry about much. SIA is a big part of Lafayette and gives alot of jobs to people. They want people to drive Subarus and to have fun with them!!!

I like to hear that!

I have a friend who says my stock LGT sounds Stooopid, but I like cruising at 85/90 and having a normal conversation. My old Firebird ( ah da days of my yoot ) would leave me hoarse from shouting over the rumble after a couple hours. Is there hoarseness in my future??
You're just jealous that the Voices talk to Me. :cool:

Not with the SPT. I'm looking for the STi sound. No one seems to have found it with our cars. Most of the over-priced "quality" LGT CBE's sound like crap, rice rocket if you must. Most of the expensive systems come with little to no resonators, why is that? I want a purrr, not a fart. We don't pay $25k+ to get a rice rocket.....just my .02
Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Not with the SPT. I'm looking for the STi sound. No one seems to have found it with our cars. Most of the over-priced "quality" LGT CBE's sound like crap, rice rocket if you must. Most of the expensive systems come with little to no resonators, why is that? I want a purrr, not a fart. We don't pay $25k+ to get a rice rocket.....just my .02

The problem is the dual exhaust. Go to a single exhuast to get an STI sound. Post up in the forums...one CBE exists like this....or get a custom one.

The problem is the dual exhaust. Go to a single exhuast to get an STI sound. Post up in the forums...one CBE exists like this....or get a custom one.

I don't know too much about the physics of sound waves and exhaust pulses (yada yada), but if the piping is all straight through, why does splitting the exhaust matter? I realize it literally cuts it in half and sends it opposite ways, but there should be a way to capture the same sound through controlled resonating or mufflers or something. Right?

On the same lines, some of the exhausts here just make our cars sound like Civics, I don't believe that that's the only sound we can get.

I don't know too much about the physics of sound waves and exhaust pulses (yada yada), but if the piping is all straight through, why does splitting the exhaust matter? I realize it literally cuts it in half and sends it opposite ways, but there should be a way to capture the same sound through controlled resonating or mufflers or something. Right?

On the same lines, some of the exhausts here just make our cars sound like Civics, I don't believe that that's the only sound we can get.

I havn't heard and lawnmower civic exhausts on here. If you want a mean sounding exhuast go with Greddy's EVO2, Stromung or Perrin. None of which are single exhaust though.

Yeah I didn't mean lawn mower hah, sorry, not to offend anyone. I just meant that many of the exhausts that I've heard are overly loud and tend to be raspy. I want to keep dual exhaust, but maybe one with an extra long resonator to keep it low and grumbly.

Edit: I've done the whole loud exhaust thing before, not really in the mood to go back to the younger years. For instance (I understand the following cars are N/A, but they still sound great): 350z, G35, R32, 911, BMW, etc. I know they are all higher-end cars, but their exhausts sound amazing from the factory. Just my .02

Cool, thx! Could you take some more pics - staright from the back (to see how the tips align in the cutouts) and perhap close up from the side (to see how recessed are they). Thx again!

Comming soon, already ordered...

STi Pink springs

STi front lower spoiler

STi 18" twelve spoke wheels, graphite with pink logo center caps

STi badging

STi wheel lugs, spline drive, black from Japan

AVO 420 turbo and IC

Carbon fiber Hood scoop

AVO caster bushings?? (yellow offset bushing, front lower control arm)

Waiting for the rear AVO swaybar brace.

Scott

Cool, thx! Could you take some more pics - staright from the back (to see how the tips align in the cutouts) and perhap close up from the side (to see how recessed are they). Thx again!

OK, tommorow. I will try to get better rear shots, from everyday driving angles.

Great, thanks again. The exhaust actually looks really sharp on the wagon! I am considering getting it. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to extend the tips a bit, i.e. cut them from the mufflers and weld in piece of a SS tube to move them further back.

Archived