LegacyGT.com

Ebay Downpipe 5MT

integroid

Based upon Perrin's website, it looks like Perrin stopped making their one piece catless downpipe.

This is not an identical copy.

1. flange is not as thick.

2. wastegate pipe appears to be shorter than Perrin

3. 1 of the 2 installers had a small interference issue

4. aft end is bent like stock so it will mate to cbe better than Perrin

However, it's hard to argue if it works.

My only concern is the quality of the materials, I'm thinking if the steel is too cheap it wont disperse the heat properly. IE get to hot. I wonder what it weighs compared to the perrin pipe.

just thinking out loud, I have no info about this piece. .....Want more information.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going with the megan racing downpipe. I am doing a beta test for boostjunkie. He wanted 5 beta testers with different exhaust, He has a stock one and mine with SPT/bosal. he may have more available if you have a different exhaust system. The system will be around 250 once available I paid 175 since it's a beta test.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50673

• 4 weeks later...

Don't do it man. Not only did I have to pay to ship back the part, they didn't refund the amount they paid to have it shipped to me. The fittament was so bad that it couldn't be installed. No welds on the inside of the flange near turbo (that's gonna crack).

Wait a couple weeks for the Megan Racing one and pony up the extra little bit of money ($25-$45?)

thanks... lets hope MR is ready soon, it doesn't sound like it though, Autospeed has a catted one on sale for $349. tempting

The MR's are on there way via boat according to boostjunkie..I already have mine as I got in on the beta deal. :icon_mrgr

Don't do it man. Not only did I have to pay to ship back the part, they didn't refund the amount they paid to have it shipped to me. The fittament was so bad that it couldn't be installed. No welds on the inside of the flange near turbo (that's gonna crack).

Wait a couple weeks for the Megan Racing one and pony up the extra little bit of money ($25-$45?)

Hmmm....you must have gotten a bad one. It can happen. Mine fit perfectly right out of the chute. Like BMorrisj, mine lined right up, no leaks, no fouls, no errors. Real nice finish too.

Hmmm....you must have gotten a bad one. It can happen. Mine fit perfectly right out of the chute. Like BMorrisj, mine lined right up, no leaks, no fouls, no errors. Real nice finish too.

Was yours welded on the inside of the downpipe (near the turbo flange)? Mine wasn't, just the outside. And the flanges are pretty thin. He said he wouldn't refund shipping, but would give me a $28 credit towards the next item I bought from them. :lol: Like I'm going to order again.

Glad you got a good one though.

Was yours welded on the inside of the downpipe (near the turbo flange)? Mine wasn't, just the outside. And the flanges are pretty thin. He said he wouldn't refund shipping, but would give me a $28 credit towards the next item I bought from them. :lol: Like I'm going to order again.

Glad you got a good one though.

I guess I'm a little confused. Unless the thing was so horribly out of alignment that it would not line up at all with the rest of the exhaust, the things you mentioned don't seem to be significant deal breakers. If the inside of the flange isn't welded, have an exhaust shop do it, not that difficult or expensive. The flanges seem thick enough to me. They're 3/8" so they're not that much thinner than the 1/2" on my Invidia UP. I haven't heard from any of the other people, who have this DP, voice the same concerns and I haven't had any issues with cracks, leaks, etc. I've seen much thicker exhaust flanges with beefier looking welds crack, it's a matter of how good a job the welder did and the material used. That's the inherent danger of using after market exhaust manifolds. They're not iron so they have a much higher likelihood of cracking. You take your chances. Usually places like this won't refund you at all unless you jump through BS hoops to prove it won't fit (i.e professional mechanics statement). If he took the pipe back and gave you $28 compensation for the shipping, I think that's pretty decent of him, but that's just me.

Archived