LegacyGT.com

Legacy GTX

Guest *Jedimaster*
I bought my car from Bill Kolb. They were great as far as the sale goes. They took off my aftermarket uppipe, downpipe and exhaust from my trade and all made it back to me except the Helix uppipe which mysteriously "disappeared". Then I couldn't get them to call me back. So I called the owner. 4 times. So I called Subaru. Ding Ding! there's the phone: "Oh? Mary Ann Kolb? You have a brand new uppipe and downpipe you're going to UPS to me? How nice of you. But it's complete BS that I had to call Subaru to get you to respond". And that's what I think of the "GTX" dealer.

Guest *Jedimaster*
That's their way of saying the car makes an ambiguous amount of hp over 250 stock. They imply that their version is something special.

[quote name='jedimaster']That's their way of saying the car makes an ambiguous amount of hp over 250 stock. They imply that their version is something special.[/QUOTE] Indeed. Keep in mind also that with Borla mufflers already on the car, given the gushing that was going on when someone put Borlas on their car already, that job is already done for you. But axle-backs offer a miniscule power gain, as in, measurable on a dyno...maybe. Kevin

Looks like a base model LGT with seats, wheels and cat-back pipe. You are basically paying for the stock car with the added extras that you could do on your own for much less. IMHO. Looks like a good way for a company to sell their aftermarket parts. I like the "X". It does make the car Xtra cool!

[quote name='450Thumper']Looks like a base model LGT with seats, wheels and cat-back pipe. You are basically paying for the stock car with the added extras that you could do on your own for much less. IMHO. Looks like a good way for a company to sell their aftermarket parts. I like the "X". It does make the car Xtra cool![/QUOTE] I don't know if you could. They're asking $26.9K for the GTX, which gives you leather, a strut bar, Borla exhausts and the rear lip spoiler. MSRP for the GT sedan is $26.5K. Now, nobody pays MSRP. Most people are getting invoice+$500, which is about $25K. So for an extra $1900, you get the fancy leather treatment, exhausts, different wheels, strut bar and lip spoiler. The $2500 Limited package from Subaru gets you leather, power seats and a sunroof. Seems like a pretty good deal, on the face of it, if the GTX is someone's cuppa. Heck, you'd probably pay more than the price difference just to bring over the WR Sport's seats, which are the same as the ones in the GTX, except they say GTX instead of the Subaru WRC team logo. Kevin

Does anyone know where to get a lip spoiler like the one on the GTX? It doesn't look like it's an STi lip spoiler (and hopefully doesn't cost as much!). I seems like a decent deal, although I would rather have power seats. tom

tom :)

Archived