LegacyGT.com

iONs w/ JDM shocks

Scottybue

Barring any warehouse snafu's, Dan at Outperformanceshop.com has hooked me up with the coveted Tokico HTS006 adjustable shocks! He seems much more reliable than car-stuff.com, whom I was never able to get in touch with. Thank god they at least refunded my money without a lawsuit... jerks. However, the fact remains, I am continuing the quest for the BMW-handling LGT wagon! :icon_cool 2-3 weeks for delivery.

BTW- Should I stick with my intended solution of JDM iON front springs with iON HD rears? Suggestions?

Scottybue -- as I told you... noone got BMW handling with Japanese dampers :icon_wink:icon_wink:icon_wink:icon_wink

J/k... no worries, good luck, anything will be huge upgrade over crapola stock!

Scottybue -- as I told you... noone got BMW handling with Japanese dampers :icon_wink:icon_wink:icon_wink:icon_wink

J/k... no worries, good luck, anything will be huge upgrade over crapola stock!

Gotta chase the dream man, and blaze my own path doing it. :icon_bigg

now rocking the 2007 Mini Cooper S

Now, for those of you who aren't germanophiles :lol:, which springs for adjustable Tokicos?

Ions, hands down. While I haven't tested any others, I am 100% satisfied with them on my car and have ZERO complaints. Member Rodan also is riding on Tokico/Ions and is pleased as well. TRS has Tokicos/H-techs is you're looking for another opinion.

ignore him, he'll go away.

• 2 weeks later...
Barring any warehouse snafu's, Dan at Outperformanceshop.com has hooked me up with the coveted Tokico HTS006 adjustable shocks! He seems much more reliable than car-stuff.com, whom I was never able to get in touch with. Thank god they at least refunded my money without a lawsuit... jerks. However, the fact remains, I am continuing the quest for the BMW-handling LGT wagon! :icon_cool 2-3 weeks for delivery.

BTW- Should I stick with my intended solution of JDM iON front springs with iON HD rears? Suggestions?

Did you get your Tokico's in yet?? do tell.

Ugh, looks like the bastards in the Tokico front office screwed up again. Dan at Outperformance.com was totally cool and upfront about all of this (MUCH better than the guys at car-stuff.com). Oh well, back to square one. :(

Yep. I had ordered from Dan, and got the same call on Friday.

It was worth a try. I wasn't up for taking his offer of the deal on coilovers (which sounded pretty good), so I will still be waiting for a decent solution with new struts.

Ron

Since I want NEW struts (or Koni inserts), and am not willing to pay the cost of new JDM or USDM Spec B Bilsteins, nor go with coilovers, I suspect I'll be waiting for the Konis or whatever Tokico ends up doing.
Ron

Was it worth it? I was comtemplating the same (Spec B rev. B), or perhaps being the first to try the new Tein Comfort Sports. Suggestions guys?

Just got them in the mail today. I will post my thoughts when get them on. I'm going to try and figure out a way to set up an accelerometer and drive a stretch of bumpy road with my current set up and with the new struts to see the difference quantitatively.

I just didn't want to go with coil overs assuming that's the the Comforts are.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Got Spec B rev B's as well. I won't be able to install until mid-March, though. :icon_mad:

March, what the hell?

Are you sticking with iON?

I have sport spec on oem struts. Happy with them for 15 months now. The only thing i want to do is update my struts, which could use some extra dampening.

Deployments happen from time to time in my line of work...:icon_cool The struts won't get here until I'm gone, so they will have to wait until I get back. Sticking with iONs, but had to get a new set for the JDM fitment and I wanted to raise the rear of the wagon, so I went with the HD rears.

• 2 months later...
anyone with a sedan using JDM spec b dampeners with regular iON sport spec rears? Dunno if it's best to keep sport spec rear (6.7kg/mm) and get JDM fronts, which i believe are higher rates then sport spec fronts. Dunno how the combo would be. Or do all four JDM Bilstein spec iON's? Don't want it to be too stiff. Anyone?

Dude, they don't make JDM-specific rears. I would suggest getting the wagon rears however for an even wheel-gap on a sedan.

I saw somewhere "Bilstein" iON's with a rear spring rate of 410lbs. instead of 387lbs. like sport spec. Maybe these are the "HD" ones?:confused:

Han's GT - The HD's are 410lbs/in. Mind you, the sports for the rears will be fine on your Sedan, as the spring perch on the Bilstiens are slightly higher.

Thanks....Jack?

Spring rate for JDM style fronts?

• 7 months later...
Paging Mr. Herman, Mr. Herman, there's a call for you at the front desk.

Anyways, yes, running Tokico adjustables, JDM Ions, and JDM tophats. LOVE THEM. Drop is about the same in the front as my previous Ion/Stocker set-up. The Tokico/Ion drop in the rear is less than the Stocker/Ion combo. Definately closer to what you would consider and even drop front and rear (even though technically there is less drop in the rear and a slight rake back to font because of the lower rear wheel arch). My camera batteries have given up the ghost, let me see of someone else in the office has a camera and I'll try and get you some pics.

Also, not trying to make your decision more difficult, but you may want to carefulyl consider HD vs regular wagon rears based on your usage. The Tokicos alone increased the rear wheel gap by approximately 1/2". HD rears will surely increase the gap on top of that 1/2" when paired with the tokico's.

Edit: Snapped a picture

http://www.photodump.org/stored9/tokicoIon.JPG

I am digging this up from the grave. But anyway would my LegacyGT 5eat sit similar to the above picture with JDM SPEC B REV A struts and JDM ION springs?

I saw LBGT's for sale thread awhile ago and his car did not seem to be dropped as much as the above. I then thought that since The above picture is on Tokico's it may make a difference. However I clicked on Scottyblues for sale thread and his car sits similiar to this with the same struts that I have (obviously less of a gap because of the 18's tho).

Archived