LegacyGT.com

To Hell and Back ... in a Subaru Legacy.

Well my friend and I were skiing in Colorado and went to Vail for a day. We left Vail at 1:30 and headed in to the snow hurricane lol. I-70 going down from the mountains was pretty much at a stand still. It took up 40 mins to go a mile at one point. We finally took an exit outside of denver and actually by-passed the whole damn wreck. Amazing. Our speed was pretty much limited to 40 mph the whole way down. Once into Denver we were trying to get to our hotel (Hyatt Regency at the Convention Center); really nice hotel btw.

The Subie got through bumper high or higher snow without much of a sweat. AWESOME CAR ...

Pictures and videos up tomarrow.

I love my car ... basically.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was pretty amazed with the Legacy's performance. Even with stock tires, traction was easy coming. Just let of the clutch and off the car went. I pretty sure we got better traction than most if not all the other SUV's and Trucks i saw on the road.

the RE92's didnt disapoint.

We did hit a curb so there is some rim damage and maybe the alignment is even more screwed now. But hell, its a subaru, it needed to be put through what it was designed for anyway.

I have to saw the car feels alot more in its element in the mountians than it does in the plains of nebraska.

But yea, i got about two good videos of the car thought the snow.

We did hit a curb so there is some rim damage and maybe the alignment is even more screwed now. But hell, its a subaru, it needed to be put through what it was designed for anyway.

thats a great attitude, besides, it means you can get some better wheels for the summer and keep the stockers for winter setup

and welcome to the blizzard of 06

Glad those RE92's kept you from curbing your car . . . erm, Oh I guess they actually didn't.

It actually wasn't the RE92's fault. My friend who was driving at the time turned into the curb that was snow covered trying to get into what we thought would be the correct lane.

The one thing this trip has taught me about my car is that in many ways a subaru isn't a show car. Its designed to be man-handled and not let you down. When i wanted the car to be a luxury vehicle it disapointed me, but when i wanted to go through 2 feet of snow, it didnt disapoint and impressed me greatly.

Archived