LegacyGT.com

Homelink Mirror - Who has one?

sde

[quote name='foerster']Don't think it's out yet... Talked to SubaruParts4You and they said it wasn't currently available. List price is $239, which means we should be able to get it for significantly less...[/QUOTE] It's been out for a couple of months. Read my mini-review at the end of this thread on NASIOC: [url]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=642672[/url]

[quote name='sde']is this user installable? or does the dealer need to do it?[/QUOTE] I bought the electrochromatic compass mirror for my Wife's '03 Legacy last year and it came with instructions to hook it up and mount it. I would expect that this would be easier.

I just got my Legacy GT yesterday....was wanting the Homelink mirror/compass since I had homelink in my Jeep and loved it. The dealer wanted to charge me $350 or so, even though mine already came with the autodimming mirror/compass (without homelink)....so I told them to forget it. They only had one in stock as of yesterday.

[quote name='Blaze']I just got my Legacy GT yesterday....was wanting the Homelink mirror/compass since I had homelink in my Jeep and loved it. The dealer wanted to charge me $350 or so, even though mine already came with the autodimming mirror/compass (without homelink)....so I told them to forget it. They only had one in stock as of yesterday.[/QUOTE] The HomeLink mirror cost me $240 and can be installed in about 15 minutes. $350 is a certified ripoff.

Yea, it was a ripoff...it wasn't like they were going to give me credit for the autodimming mirror/compass that they took off the car either. Oh well, I'm trying the ghetto way of using the ole garage door opener in the little storage compartment above the radio. I'll probably get used to it and forget about the homelink.

I will consider those two options after trying out my current setup to see if I can get used to it. I still have to get my windows tinted, and feel that money is better well spent in that area. (not to mention needing to drop some bucks on a radar detector)

Well, I have mine now. Compass and dimming functions work great, but I haven't had the chance to program the remote yet. Seems easy enough, but I can't stay parked long enough to get it done. :) If anyone has any questions about it, let me know.

[quote name='MtnSub']My LegGT wagon is scheduled for a Nov. 8-11 delivery and is comming wiht homelink mirror. We will see? Was able to order from factory and got invoice price.[/QUOTE] Ditto for mine as well.

How sturdy is the mirror's mount? I'm wondering if the visor would be a better idea, if everytime I push the button on the mirror I'll have to re-adjust it because it is pushed out of position.

[quote name='bemani']How sturdy is the mirror's mount? I'm wondering if the visor would be a better idea, if everytime I push the button on the mirror I'll have to re-adjust it because it is pushed out of position.[/QUOTE] The mount is very sturdy. It doesn't move but maybe half a mm when I press the button, and goes right back. Not only that, but there's like a recessed ridge on the back side for your fingers to grip as you press the button with your thumb. So, if you just press it with your index finger, it barely moves, and if you use your thumb, it wouldn't move at all.

Archived